Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

i-phone continuously searching for signal

Meiree
1: Seeker
My i-phone 5 has been searching for signal since Saturday night (4 days). Tried restarting, resetting network and removing sim. It still tries searching even with no sim in the phone! Received new sim today but there has been a problem activating it! Surely the phone is knackered!
6 REPLIES 6

Ramsay
7: Helper
7: Helper

Hi 

Have same issue with my Ipad 4.  The apple store genius told me that it is a hardware issue as it should say no sim when sim removed. As I am out of apple warranty my option was for them to exchange for £250.  I have just sent it to vodafone in the hope that they can repair or exchange as I am still in a contract but suspect I will get the same reply as Apple gave me. 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys, 

I'm sorry to hear this.

It could be a network issue in your area so please try the steps in our network troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and we'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jenny

Not a network issue for me as happens everywhere and my Iphone 5 is unaffected.

Hi @Ramsay

You mentioned you’ve already sent this to Vodafone to take a look, is this now resolved?

Thanks

Michelle

Got a text this morning saying my device is on route to the store.  Don't know if that means it is fixed or not.

Get's even better.  Went in to store to find that it was not repairable so was replaced with a reconditioned unit.  Brilliant I thought until I went out to the car unwrapped it to check it was indeed the same model as I had sent away only to find the chasis of the device bent.  Looked like those videos of the IPhone 6 plus bend tests.  Needless to say took it back into the store and it is now being returned for hopefully an undamaged unit.