Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 - 4G

AshleyRodden
1: Seeker
I was sold my iPhone 5 in August of last year from the Vodafone shop in Sunderland. I was told at the time 4g was a new thing and would be made more wide spread as the network grew ! I was informed that my phone was 4g compatible ! I already had a contact with O2 on the iPhone 4 and only wanted the 5 as I was told about the 4g !! I then stayed in the uk for a further 2 weeks then returned to Germany ( we're I live as I am in the army ) on returning to the uk in August of this year I noticed that my phone never got 4g so I googled to problem to establish if others had the same problem to find that the iPhone 5 was never 4g comparable like I was promised in the shop !!! I then rang customer services to be told I needed to go to the shop ! I then drove over an hour to the Sunderland shop to be told they were to busy and would ring me on the Monday ! When I got the call I got told by the deputy manager I basically got told I was lying !!!! I think this is rediculas !!!
2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi AshleyRodden,

Thanks for your post.

It’s correct that the iPhone 5 isn’t compatible on Vodafone’s 4G network. We’ve never advertised that it does.

I’m not doubting that you’ve been given this information.

As the phone was sold in store, we’re guarantee that you were given this information. If the store are unable to verify this, there’s nothing further we can do here.

Thanks,

Simon

Ramsay
7: Helper
7: Helper

Ashley

They still seem confused even over the phone.  See my link below...

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/iPhone-5-5s-and-5c/Disappointed/td-p/2283213