Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 internet not working on edge/GPRS

hugocannon1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had my iphone for a few weeks now and my edge and/or gprs is impossible to use for interent use. I don't mean slow I mean it actually doesnt work, not even imessage as everything fails, then is sent as a text. Also facebook or twitter will try and load for a few minutes then give a failure message. Any website will just not load also.

I have reset the network settings in settings and there is still no difference.

I know it is not a network issue as I have both an iphone and a blackberry, and I can show you a picture of me holding them side by side in the exact same place, using twitter on my blackberry while my iphone 5 will just not load.

Does anyone have this problem or solutions? or can I exchange my iphone 5 for another one?

14 REPLIES 14

Sorry old post, I have an iPhone 5 with the same problem (internet not working on GPRS) (we don't even get H here :smileyfrustrated:) done all the new sttings bit spoke to help desk, no joy would it be possible to get a new sim to try that please?

Thanks

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@Smokeysco wrote:

would it be possible to get a new sim to try that please?

Yes, you can get a new SIM to try in your phone.  The quickest way to get on is to pop into your local Vodafone Store.  The staff there will provide you with the correct sized SIM for your device and help activate it for you.

PWIAC

Thanks drey_p, I will try and get to a store this weekend, downside it is 150 miles round trip but I would like them t ocheck out the settings of the phone.  If I do not mange would it be possible to get one posted out to me?

Thanks

drey_p
My bad. I didn't realise that it was such a trek for you. You can get one sent to you if you're a pay monthly customer , just call 191 and they will help.

PWIAC

Hi Smokeysco,

You can find your nearest Vodafone store here.

There’s also our Live help service available here, who can help arrange this for you.

Thanks,

Sarah