Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 internet not working on edge/GPRS

hugocannon1
2: Seeker

I have had my iphone for a few weeks now and my edge and/or gprs is impossible to use for interent use. I don't mean slow I mean it actually doesnt work, not even imessage as everything fails, then is sent as a text. Also facebook or twitter will try and load for a few minutes then give a failure message. Any website will just not load also.

I have reset the network settings in settings and there is still no difference.

I know it is not a network issue as I have both an iphone and a blackberry, and I can show you a picture of me holding them side by side in the exact same place, using twitter on my blackberry while my iphone 5 will just not load.

Does anyone have this problem or solutions? or can I exchange my iphone 5 for another one?

14 REPLIES 14

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi hugocannon1,

It has been seen previously that the iPhone will time out web pages and apps whilst on 2G or Edge when other phones don’t.

The first thing to try would be to get the SIM changed in your local Vodafone store to see if it is a SIM issue that is causing the problem, alternatively the next step would be to send the phone for a free of charge warranty repair.

James

Thanks, are you able to send me a new SIM in the post?

Hi hugocannon1

We sure can :Smiling:

I've sent private message to you so that we can access your account and get the SIM posted. You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

I know this is an old thread, but has the issue been resolved with a new sim?  I've never been able to access the internet on E or GPRS with my iPhone 5.  If a new sim could fix this issue, I would also like to try to get one posted.

• Previous phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black Slate
  • Current phone: iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey
  • Next phone: Possibly the iPhone 7

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SkylineLvr

Get in touch here so we can arrange a new SIM for you :).

Thanks

Sukhi

MattyCG
Hi ive had the same problem my phone only works on the internet when im connected to wifi

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MattyCG

Have you tried sending the word 'WEB' to 40127 so that we can check you have the correct settings? It might also be worth connecting the phone to iTunes to make sure it's up to date. If that does not help get in touch here.

Thanks

Sukhi

Spyman
1: Seeker
Hi. I have a new iPhone with the same problem. Brand new sim and also tried the text WEB option. Any other help I can get?

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Spyman

We may need to take a look in our repair centre, this can be arranged here.

Have you been able to use the internet whilst in a good coverage location?

DaveCD