Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 no internet/3g

ellisms
1: Seeker

A couple of weeks back I was having a lot of issues sending messages from my iPhone 5 (approx 18 months old).  Now whenever I try to read email messages or other data away form a wifi network I get a 'no internet' message.  Also the phone appears stuck on 2g (always shows Vodafone Uk next to the signal strength). 

I also for the first time ever got near my data limit and received a warning from Vodafone (along the lines of go over and we charge you more).  That may be coincidence or related.

I work in central London and commute by train, so most of my non-wifi use is either on a train or near a railway line, and I am consistently getting the 'Vodafone UK' message and no internet.

So, on the face of it my phone is now stuck in 2g with no data - how do I confirm this and what can I try to fix it? (I have tried switching off/on, airplane mode, 3g off/on etc.)

(Wifi access appears fine)

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks
Matt

jobe77
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I have had a similar issue where the data connection disappears and does not reconnect.

The SIM card was to blame, so I suggest you contact VF to get a replacement.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ellisms,

Let me know if the guide that Matt provided has sorted this. If it hasn't, try connecting your phone to iTunes. This will help rule out a software update that's missing. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

na