Support:

iPhone 5, 5s and 5c

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
amunro5618

iPhone 5 pre ordered Friday, will it arrive on the 21st

I pre ordered an iPhone 5 at 9.15am on Friday.  When I tracked it on Saturday with the orderd number I was told It was waiting dispatch when  the were in stock.  Now when I try and track it, it doesn't recognise my order number.  According to the Vodafone website, I'm not eligable to upgrade until 2014, which is right assuming I have just been upgraded to the iPhone 5.  

Just wondering what other peoples tracking says when they put in their order number (beginning WEB-000)

Also how early did you need to pre order before stocks ran out for a 21st delivery date?

Andrew

Message 1 of 16 (4,945 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Re: iPhone 5 pre ordered Friday, will it arrive on the 21st

Hi amunro5618

We’re aware some customers can’t see their order details in our tracking tool at the moment but don’t worry – the orders are still in the system and you’ll receive email updates as your order progresses. We’re working to make order details visible again as soon as possible.

Thanks,

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 16 (4,792 Views)
Phionah

Hi, I ordered my iPhone 5 as an additional on my account over the phone on Friday afternoon. Just wondering how I know when it will arrive as I was given no order number and havnt had an email confirmation or anything. Thanks
Fiona
Message 3 of 16 (4,660 Views)
Rank 7: Helper I
AndyiPhone

If you ordered on Friday and haven't heard anything at all yet I would call and check and order is in process. It is possible some have been delayed but I think you would have had something by now. 

I ordered once on th phonewon Friday at about 9am and online about 6pm and have heard about both of those with emails and texts. 

Message 4 of 16 (4,630 Views)
Khan-s

I upgraded Friday morning, I have had a email and text confirming my ordering it says it should arrive on the 21st but there is no order number, howdamn Itrack ?

Message 5 of 16 (4,122 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your posts here.

Once you have submitted your order you should have a reference number sent to you within 48 hours.

@ Phionah and Khan-s, I have sent you both a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and I will be able to get one of our team to check the accounts for the orders for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 16 (3,847 Views)
willmw101

I have not had my order number sent to me either. I have only had one email which had no order info. It has been more than 48 hours. Please advise what to do next.

Message 7 of 16 (3,796 Views)
willmw101

Just for the record. Can anyone give a good reason why they would lock themselves into a 2 year contract with Vodafone (without LTE) for 42£ a month minimum when you can get an LTE Iphone 5 from apple and stick a nano sim from Three in it with a 12 month contract and unlimited data, all for 36£ a month???

The comparable cost: around £700 for the iphone and the sim with three and then over £1000 pounds for the vodafone deal?? 

I understand that the Vodafone deal is twice as long but most people dont want the same phone for two years anyway!

Message 8 of 16 (3,768 Views)
Damocles303

Ok, you kind of lost me with that last post.

Let me get this right you dont want to lock into a 24 month contract so you buy the phone from Apple which is £529 an you stick a three sim into it which is £12.90 a month. In what way does the math work out that that comes to £36 a month for 12 months? Is that what you are saying or am I missing the point.

£36 a months over 2 years works out at about £864 doing it this way but you need to have £529 cash up front to buy the iphone.

With employee advantage, if youre lucky enough to qualify, the monthly cost on Vodafone for unlimited texts and calls and 2gb of data the monthly cost is £33.60 working out at £806.40 + £49 up front = £855.40. Oh and you have a better chance of getting a signal with Vodafone :smileyvery-happy:

Message 9 of 16 (3,683 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster
pulse3000

Well looks like I will be getting a delivery on Friday

Apple have just confirmed "Dispatched" and will be delivered by UPS on Friday September 21st

Take a look at the dispatch date on the pic. that has to be a mistake

Message 10 of 16 (3,673 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
clr7

What did they send it out by carrier pidgeon? :smileyvery-happy:

Message 11 of 16 (3,661 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
jonesy001

Placed my ordered on 16th September roughly at 11:20am in a Vodafone store, whist the woman phoned up and sorted everything. I still haven't received a tracking number or info. This is beyond a joke.

If my phone isn't delivered by Monday I'm canceling my business account and going with a more reliable company such as Orange/EE and getting all the benefits of LTE too!

The service I have received is shocking. Vodafone need to work on customer service a lot. There is no chance I'm waiting 2-3 weeks for a PRE-ORDER (i.e. Getting it early or on release date)

Message 12 of 16 (3,480 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster
davidspalton

Vodafone in Macclesfield did mine straight off at 0930 on the Friday.

got it tracking pin warehouse waiting for dispatch.

decided to do a store collection to save waiting sin house all day. So going straight from work to the store.

o2 however, are utterly disorganised. 

Ordered 0800 saturday. 

Assured that the business customers take priority and I'll have it Friday morning. Still no order tracking details and cannot check status online...

so vodafone are +1 

dave

Message 13 of 16 (3,465 Views)
bonstar

Re: iPhone 5 pre ordered

[ Edited ]

hi i pre ordered an iphone 5 and i got a email with an order number and it said credit check succesful but it also said we'll ensure we have all the correct details before dispatching does this mean i still have a bit to go or am i going 2 b an iphone 5 owner plz help!!!

Message 14 of 16 (2,628 Views)
TheSpectator

Order mine last weds got it last thurs!

Message 15 of 16 (2,601 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Hi bonstar, 

If you've passed your credit check then I'd say you were pretty much on your way to getting your hands on an iPhone 5 :smileywink:

You'll be notified by email once your handset is on the way  to you :smileyhappy:

@ TheSpectator, I'm glad you got your handset so quickly :smileyhappy:

Paul

Message 16 of 16 (2,575 Views)