Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5C Phone Delivery

spud24
3: Seeker

Please can someone from vofaphone explain why I was convinced to stay with them by offering me a good deal on the iPhone 5c only to then tell me it's OUT OF STOCK!! I've been waiting over a week now, receiving emails/txts saying the same thing.  Surely compensation is due, I am paying more for my contract now & I have no phone!!! :smileymad:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Your phone and airtime contract are 2 seperate entities which means that you can use your SIM in any handset.  Nothing is stopping you from using your new allowances in another handset.  You can always call up once you get the handset and see if they can offer you anything but andything they do offer is a good will gesture only.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

drey_p

Hi there

Your phone and airtime contract are 2 seperate entities which means that you can use your SIM in any handset.  Nothing is stopping you from using your new allowances in another handset.  You can always call up once you get the handset and see if they can offer you anything but andything they do offer is a good will gesture only.

PWIAC

spud24
That's not what I'm worried about, I just can't believe they are taking as so long, other people are having the same problem and it's appalling service!!!

I have the same problem. I wanted to transfer my two kids from T-Mobile. It was suggested I change my existing Vodfone contract to Red + which is fine. I ordered iPhone 5S for daughter (delivered) and iPhone 5C for my son. I've had three emails now saying they're out of stock. First two emails said we'll update you in three days. Now I have one saying we'll update you in four days. Meanwhile T-Mobile are about to take another month's payment for a phone that doesn't work and the 30 day clock on the PAC code from T-Mobile is up to 10 days.

Phone 191 is pointless unless you have at least half an hour to spare (I don't.)

spud24
Hi, I'm going to cancel tomorrow via online chat, I was told via chat today that they would ring me at 10 o'clock & let me know what was happening, guess what, no one rang, you'd be within your rights to cancel if it's within 14 days, good luck

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

We're sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

As soon as there's an update on your order, you'll receive a text/email confirmation.

Once your order’s been dispatched, you can track this here.

You can find all the ways to get in touch with us here, for further help.

Thanks,

Sarah 

What a saga. As it's impossible to get through to anyone at Vodafone by phone (!) I went into local store where I work. They said lots of people have been making same enquiry. They said as far as they're aware the 5C is going to be discontinued. When I asked what my options were they said I had to ring customer services. Oh please God no.

I've spent 105 minutes on the phone to Vodafone this morning. I've been cut off three times and had to start at the beginning each time. I've explained the history behind my query four times. At one point I was put through to the warehouse (which is run by a third party) who said they had no record of my order. Finally I was put through to the sales team who said that there are 5C handsets available now but because I'm in the back order system I'm at the back of the queue. So they've cancelled my back order and put it through as a new order.

Throughout all of this I've been trying to work and have had to decline several calls from clients in case I'm ever taken off hold with Vodafone.

If it weren't for the fact that T Mobile are even worse I would never have started this! What a farce. Will mobile phone providers ever get their act together?

spud24
Hi, I ended up on online chat yesterday & they ended up calling me within 5 mins, got transferred to some department that I should not have been put through too but the man was very very helpful, he put me on hold for a few minutes ( they called me so no cost) after which he came back once he had rang two different people and confirmed that they had received iPhone 5c's as he had shipped some personnally, later in the evening I had a txt from dpd to say my phone will be delivered on Monday!!! Watch this space. Try online chat, it's a lot easier to get to speak to someone & costs nothing, good luck

Tragicyclist
4: Newbie
I've tried Chat many times too. Luck of the draw whether you get a good agent or not. I had to give up earlier this week as I just couldn't get them to understand what my problem was. Maybe it's me!

Knew it was too good to be true. Delivery never turned up. Contacted Vodafone, by Chat. Someone called me back to say delivery was delayed. Hasn't been dispatched. Nobody bothered to contact me to tell me so I've spent all morning waiting in for a delivery that was never going to take place. Agent was unable to tell me whether phone was in stock (was told yesterday they were) or when delivery might take place. Having spent countless hours over 10 days on this it's back to square one.

Going to try another mobile phone provider. Will then cancel Vodafone order.

Vodafone really is right up there with T Mobile in terms of crap service.