Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5S: News apps won't link to Twitter

Silverglades
2: Seeker
I've recently upgraded from 4S to 5S and have discovered that both my news apps (Sky & BBC) fail to link to Twitter when I want to share a news item, even though I am able to share on Facebook. I get a message saying 'cannot send Tweet because the connection to Twitter failed' and giving me the option to 'try again' or 'cancel'. I've tried deleting & re-downloading Twitter & the two news apps. Then, on the advice of the Vodafone technical helpline, I also tried re-setting the network settings and making sure I switched my phone off & on again after each change but all to no avail. This had all been working fine on my 4S, even with IOS 8.1. Please advise.
6 REPLIES 6

vodaexpert
12: Established
12: Established

I don't think issue is from Vodafone side because you are able to use Facebook, it seems to be a glitch for sure, may be after you have updated the handset.

I am sure resetting the network settings is not going to help... I am not also sure if eforum tech can help in this........The issue is for sure not related to Vodafone at all, unless you claim the handset provided to you is by Vodafone

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Definitely not a Vodafone issue. You should look at the official Apple Discussion Forums to see if there are any threads on there that might help you.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Silverglades
It's a Vodafone issue in that it's a new contract (pay monthly) phone and I understand Vodafone will need to replace the handset if it's the handset that turns out to be faulty. It was the Vodafone help on Twitter who suggested I post my issue on this forum but I'm also willing to try the Apple forum.

jeffkinn

It's going to be a software issue not a hardware issue. It might be an iOS issue or a Twitter issue. In either eventuality it isn't something that the network has any involvement in or control over.

There could be a number of issues. If you restored a 4S backup onto the 5S you might have an incompatibility.

You should try a hard reset of the phone and then a reset all settings to get it back to a vanilla state. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Silverglades
Many thanks - much appreciated

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Silverglades,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

While I appreciate we can't help with third party app queries, feel free to keep this thread updated with your progress.

If you find out what's caused and fixed it, I'm sure it'll come in handy for other members of the community who have similar questions. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Ben