Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5s - strong 3G signal but no data connection

snappy67
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello

Have an iPhone 5s on a (not 4G) contract.  I noticed today that it was not getting any data when away from wifi, even though it indicated a decent 3G signal.  Can still text  and make calls but no emails or apps that need data will work.  No internet.  Strangely, though, the My Vodafone app will work and seems to be able to access data.  Eg from the 'support' area I can visit the eforum and see posts made just now.

Initially thought it may be a network issue but checked the network status area of the website and there are no reported issues. Also, it still didn't work on the journey home (8-10 miles) and still refuses to work through my sure signal.  My wife's 4s works fine through it with wifi off.

I have tried hard and soft resets, updated the iOS software to the latest version, taken out and replaced the SIM card, toggled the cellular data, roaming and airplane mode buttons and reset the network settings.  No Joy.

Would be grateful if anyone had any ideas!

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

I seem to be up and running again now. Noticed emails etc coming in from midday ish today. Didn't need to follow the steps given. Ta.

Hi snappy67,

Thanks for letting us know everything is working normally.

Hi whoswho,

You can find out how to get in touch with us here.

Please ensure you follow the instructions carefully.

Thanks,

Ian

whoswho
4: Newbie
Still no joy with mine....

whoswho
4: Newbie
I have followed the instructions. I really need this resolved, a week without data is unacceptable.