Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 5 and 5s carrier unlock

urbone13
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How can I get an unlock code, having no uk number? I got Iphone 5 and 5s as a present and I want to unlock them legally.. I live abroad, so I have no possibility to get a vodafone number as it is required. I can confirm that both phones were bought legally and they are not in a blacklist.

3 REPLIES 3

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi. As per the network unlock code form (here) Vodafone wouldn't have a way of providing the code without a valid UK number so that they can process the order. Other than that there may be some third party unlocking services you can look into (many independent mobile high street stores can offer this service)

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

But if the vodafone customer from UK, who bought those phones sends a request, but the phones are abroad with a different sim, is it possible to unlock? 

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Yes. Providing that the original owner completes the NUC form with his account details and the number that he used when using the phone and that the phones were supplied by Vodafone and not a reseller.

You need to be aware that unlocking the phone when abroad is not always successful, that is a problem with iTunes and not Vodafone though.