Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 5 continually searching and no ''carrier'' tab

Kev
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there

My iphone 5 stopped working mid conversation this morning.

The display read searching so I waited and then tried to do a manual search which I do quite frequently however therewas no carrier tab listed in settings.

I cant enable 3G the ''button'' won't slide and I'm a bit stuck.

I did call vodafone business but the lady whilst being very nice was,nt much use other than ordering me a new sim and saying 'see if this works'.

In the meantime I'm completely stuffed trying to run a business with no phone nearest Vodafone store is 70 miles away and its the same with the nearest apple store.

The phone is fully charged runs the latest software and never gets dusty or damp as its in a waterproof case all the time. 

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Best regards K

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks
Matt

Post Title:TD5

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Happens wherever regardless

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. TD5 8PG

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Can't try this as my wifes iphone is on EE.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Stopped mid conversation and started continuous searching

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? It occured on GPRS (living in the sticks) although I have a sure signal at home.

6) When did you first notice this issue? This morning ( 15/07/2014)

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent

I will be getting a new sim after calling vodafone hopefully this will work if not I'm screwed as the nearest vodafone store and apple store is in Newcastle or Edinburgh either way its a 150 mile round trip.

Not really that sure how seriously they take you when you eventually get throught to someone, they don't even get the fact you're using your land line to call as your mobile isn't working! 

Really need this to work soon as its a major hassle trying to run a business without a phone.

Interestingly when I took the business contract I was promised the earth in customer service.

Silly me.

Sorry Matt, not aimed at you, at least looking through the forum you guys seem to try hard for the customer.

Best regards

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Kev.

The fault will be down to the SIM, phone or network.

A new SIM is on it's way so that may resolve the issue.

I cannot see any faults in the area although you mention you have a Sure Signal for 3G which we can also check. 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

If you're still experiencing issues, we'll need to look at the phone. 

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

Thanks

DaveCD