Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 5 not charging!

feduponphonehrs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Iphone 5 started to intermittently charge/not charge a few weeks ago.... If I plugged it in sometimes and left it for 24hrs it may charge but mostly not. This gradually got worse until now it won't charge at all!

My wife's phone (I Phone 5) had a similar problem towards the end of her contract where when she had charged it fully it would run down quickly to around 75% and then just switch off!!

As her contract finished she swapped her phone for a new one and problem solved... but mine just will not charge at all now, I've tried it with the plug and charger she got sent from Vodafone a couple of weeks ago amongst other chargers and charging points and still it won't charge!

I called Vodafone and asked if I could get it sorted out, as I now have no phone and I'm paying £47.00 per month for something I can't use...

I asked them if they could get this repaired for me, like they said they would two years ago, if I had any problems at all, after expressing my worries about a 2 year contract with a phone which may not last that long. They said that they couldn't as the warranty with Apple only runs for a year "I SPECIFICALLY ASKED ABOUT THIS AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE" and its seems was deceived.

They then offered to early upgrade me - the problem with this is I'm further extending my contract, which I don't want to do as I was uneasy with a 2yr contract and now they want to make it 2yr 3months. (I NOW KNOW FOR SURE I'LL GET NOWHERE WITH REPAIRS AFTER THE YEAR IS UP)

I then asked if I could cancel my contract! - Not without paying £140.00!!! to get out of a contract for a phone which doesn't work!!!!!!

They then said that I can take it into a Vodafone shop and they will see if they can fix it! - I'm unable to get to a Vodafone shop in the week and would only be able to get there on a Sunday and would be unable to do this for some weeks... So asked if they could collect the phone from me for repair, which seems to be a No!

In short I have been on the phone etc... 5hrs 20mins now trying to get this sorted and getting absolutely nowhere... I have a faulty phone which I am having to pay £47 per month for.... for at least the next 3 months... Which seems very unfair to say the least.

I am trying to get some sort of customer service in this regard, to no avail... There is only so much time I can waste on the phone before £140 becomes the cheapest option.

I feel very disappointed and very let down by this, what can I do as I'm running out of options.

1 REPLY 1

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi feduponphonehrs,

I’m sorry to hear this.

The Apple warranty is 12 months, but we can still arrange for your phone to be sent for repair.

If it’s deemed to be a manufacturing, there will be no charge for the repair, but if it’s not a manufacturing fault, a charge would be applied. In this case, you’d be contacted before the repair was carried out.

Take a look here for info on our repairs process.

Thanks

Jenny