Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 5s - no signal in japan

keisukesmiles
2: Seeker

Hi,

My pay-as-you-go iPhone 5s does not pick up any signal soon after arriving at Tokyo, Japan. Tried all the settings including manual carrier choice to Softbank and rebooting. Also checked MyVodafone but there was no bar setting or any other clue. Could someone official check the account status so that I can use my phone outside UK? I need to be in Asia (Japan and Taiwan) for the next 2 weeks! Appreciate your support in advance.

- Kei

5 REPLIES 5

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@keisukesmiles 

We can take a look at this for you, contact our Live help team.

If they're not there straight away, sit tight and an advisor will be with you as soon as they're available.

DaveCD

keisukesmiles
hi @DaveCD, i have tried to connect livechat but that never works for me. sessions are always terminated right after opening the chat! please kindly advise.

actually i am in taiwan and roaming works here. but i am going back to japan and staying for another week soon. also my account seemed to reach the €50 cap but i have even no access with text to uncap the bar...!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @keisukesmiles ,

Apologies if this affects your usage while in Japan. you may be able to access some services such as calls and texts on other networks.

You can find out how to perform a manual roam on our Device Help page.

If you're struggling on all networks when back in Japan, please call +447836 191 191 from another line.

Thanks,

Ben

keisukesmiles
hi @Ben_H , many thanks for the reply. now my phone is catching the network itself back in japan, but since i already reached the monthly cap of usage it seems i do not have the connection. i talked to the operator using the provided number above but she even didn't understand that there is a bar for monthly use in addition to top-up and that was totally a 15min wasted. i have asked her to raise this to the superior but i havent received any callback for more than 24hrs. no livechat support, no call center support. could anybody help this?

- kei

Hi @keisukesmiles,

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks, 

Matt B