cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

"Could Not Activate Mobile Data Network" in USA?

OliRose1994
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hey, guys.

I've been in the United States for the past week on a holiday, and I've been using the WorldTraveller system to ensure that I can use my UK plan overseas. It's been working great up until yesterday, when I suddenly could no longer use my data when I wasn't connected to Wifi.

I have since tried numerous things to try and get it to work again - including restarting the phone with flight mode on and resetting all network settings on the phone - but nothing's seemed to work, and I still can't use data. I can, however, still make calls and send/receive text messages - it's just the data side of things that doesn't seem to be playing ball at the moment.

It's kind-of imperative that I maintain a mobile data connection whilst in the United States, so I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done to get the data connection back - or if there is a known problem as far as Vodafone are concerned. If anyone could give me any tips, that would be great - thanks.

-Oli

PS - I'm on AT&T whilst in the US, if that's any help at all.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

Can you check if the U.S. Network is not having issues themselves ref data.

Try manually choosing another network.

Other tips I give are :

Remove your sim and wipe it to remove any static.

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

Contact Vodaphone to ensure all is ok with your account http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/

I hope this resolves for you asap.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.