Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4 weeks and no iPhone 6+ or confirmation email

AaronCollett
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So my saga like most people on the forum started on the 12th of September, I got up early and rang Vodafone to place pre-order, I waited on the phone for over an hour and a half to then be cut off (should of guessed from this). I re-rang customer help and was able to be put through to someone to place order, order placed for iPhone 6+ gold 64gb FANTASTIC, then wait by about 3pm I hadn't recieved any confirmation so I ring back up and first get told pre-order had messed up then they checked on second system and stated "yep order was all ok" again FANTASTIC.

So I wait .....

I wait till 17th September, I have got nervous by now and checked on web chat to see if order had gone through as no confirmation email, get told doesnt look likely and I should contact 191 or they could re-order then and give me £49 credit as a sorry however stated I should ring to confirm, so I ring up next day to check get passed from pillar to post, eventually get through to someone, he states :

"order has not gone through and Vodafone are aware of these problems and with 30,000 preorders some are bound to fail and have a policy in place that they have set aside some stock in warehouse for this and will ring first thing on 19th and send out a phone for Saturday "

So I wait for the next day and wait and wait, eventually I call, turns out the guy was lying and had fobbed me off and put a note on account saying for me to call back when in stock, so I raise a complaint and get his manager to listen into call, Michelle (his manager) speaks to me and apologises and realises that I am not a liar and that Vodafone are. Anyways I get told that they will place and order to get delivered as soon as back in stock and take my payment for phone.

So I wait ....

I ring back up as still not recieved confirmation email to state order has been placed by now pretty annoyed not just at being lied to but also the general behaviour of Vodafone. I get told the order somehow didn't go through and that they will upgrade me to the 128gb iPhone+ gold as they will place an order straight away for next day.

So I wait.....

5:30pm same day I get a phone call saying they are sorry but order couldn't go through as out of stock and will have to place back order.

So I wait.....

No confirmation email so I ring back they state they are going to wait till order is in stock and then will place order as soon as, I just ask them to place a back order and be done with it (this never happened).

So I wait....

This Friday 10th October I notice the phone is in stock online so I call up at 5pm trying to get through to the stoke call centre to speak to Michelle to place order (as her team had not called me), in the end after trying to get through to Stoke I get passed to a save team in belfast call centre that can place the order with all that has been agreed and put the order through at 6:44pm for next day saturday delievery (even though it is after cut off it got through to warehouse).

So I wait...

Saturday still no email confirmation however contract has been changed I think FANTASTIC I ring up to check it is still on route to get told nope hasnt been picked wont be with me till Monday/Tuesday and to ring back on Monday.

So I wait....

Ring back today! get told order wasn't put through in time and as it is Saturday delivery I now have to wait till next Saturday to get phone! Told nothing they can do and given £20 credit (which I stated I don't want the credit I want the phone). DUE TO THE PATHETIC SYSTEM AT VODAFONE I AM BEING TOLD THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING! Can someone please override this and get my order sent out for tomorrow or Wednesday.

I STILL HAVE NO ORDER CONFIRMATION EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(many more calls then the story above but couldn't be bothered to write out all lying conversations I have had, in summary I have been promised I would get the phone next day 3 times)

4 REPLIES 4

davinder2014
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Aaron, Similar Issues here as well. Ordered mine on the 24th September, so I have slightly more hair left than you, with a 'possiblity of 1 week' delay. Not only did they process an additonal handset I did not ask for, they also failed to cancel an error they made on the sim update. Took me over 5 hours, 15+ calls and a few grey hair to sort it out. Still haven't received the 6 +. I've given up on it tbh. It's sad. Been with them for 10 years.

It says something about a company that is still selling phones it does not have and in order to complain you have to WRITE in, not even an email address or phone number. I have a business account, and so do some of my friends, so i guess voting with our feet is the best way. If they want our business back, maybe I'll ask them to WRITE in..

Davinder

I am hoping this is now sorted after emailing Michelle, should be with me tomorrow. It's amazing how one manager will swear blind it's impossible to do anything and then someone who is truthful will actually do the right thing.

Hi guys,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Ian

I have confirmation email that iPhone 6+ is still not coming I have raised online requests but get no answer except the automated we will get back to you.

I have put my name down for the iPhone 7 as I've more chance of getting that.