cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Absolute Shambles When Upgrading - Terrible Service Complaint - Web Reference WEB-0000000102897280‏

mapleoak
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I spoke to someone on Wednesday afternoon and was told I could UPGRADE to a 64gb iPhone 6 Plus on the 7gb tariff for £53.50 but that she would take £50 off the price of the handset making it £30.  I rang yesterday afternoon (Thursday 16th October) spoke to someone else and said I would like to proceed. He said there was delay of around 2 weeks but that I would receive details of the upgrade in an email.  I didn't get an email so rang this afternoon spoke to someone else who told me there was a problem with the systems yesterday so the order may not have been processed.  I gave him the information again, he found the information on the computer and said he would progress the order.  I then received a text and email afterwards stating he had ordered a 16gb iPhone 6 (wrong phone) at £49.99 (wrong price) for £48.50 a month (wrong tariff).

I rang back straight away got passed from pillar to post person to person to be told there was nothing that could be done, the order could not be amended and that I would have to wait until the order was sent, refuse to accept it from the courier, wait for it to clear your systems and then apply for an upgrade again.

This is absolute madness as well as terrible customer service.  

I would like to know what can be done to reinstate the original order and deal (a 64gb iPhone Slate Grey, 7gb tariff) so that I don't have to go through all this rigmarole that is none of my doing.

I then rang Customer Services to ask for an email address to be told consumer.help@vodafone.co.uk which didn't even exist.

I would like to stay with Vodafone but see little incentive, given the state of your Customer Service and complete lack of flexibility.

I await your response with interest.
9 REPLIES 9

StephenShaw
4: Newbie

I think youll find a good few people who are getting passed around and getting nowhere.

If you wanted the 64GB space grey you may have quite the wait. I ordered mine a month ago and im apparently getting it between the 24th and 30th of this month. 

I'd keep calling and demand it gets sorted there and then. You have a 14 day cancellation policy from the moment you confirm the new contract. The order CAN be cancelled. 

Thanks Stephen for the response.  I'm not that fussed about waiting its the endless phone calls trying to put something right that should be very straightforward.  How do you escalate to someone in Customer Services via the forum?

Its pot luck if someone picks it up. It seems to usually be met with a 'call 191'. If they PM you it means they can help. :Smiling:

I've given up , their cs is non existent.

Sounds like same as me....

I ordered 64GB plus on pre-order date...

Then got an email saying I ordered 16GB 😕 so it was delayed by serveral days.

Hi mapleoak,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I’m sorry you had this experience.

So that we can make surer your order is correct, please get in touch here

Hi StephenShaw,

We read every post that is posted to the eForum and rarely ask customers to contact 191 directly.

With sales orders however, we’re unable to check their status other than what you can already see on the order tracker.

In some circumstances where customers are having difficulty with making sure their order is correct, we’ll ask those customers to contact us directly.

Hi simonhodgkiss,

Is everything sorted with your order now or do you need further help?

Thanks,

Simon

simonhodgkiss
4: Newbie
Everything is fine all my features are back working including conference calling at last!

I've experienced poor service and misinformation too. Calling 191 hasn't helped.

They cannot cope with the new systems migration and a number of agents are unhelpful too.

Hi siminhodgkiss,

Thanks for letting us know, if you need anything in the future, don't hesitate to post.

Hi FrancisMulleady,

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD