cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Exchange white iPhone 6 for black (within 14 days)

zachliam
1: Seeker

Hi, 

I recently bought a 128gb white iphone 6, but I'm now regretting it and wish I got the black. How easy is it to exchange within the return period, or is there an entire rigmarole of returning the item first? All I want is a quick and easy swap. 

Also from (albeit dated) info I've read in here, apparently I have to do it at the store I bought it at - but in my case I live nowhere near the store of purchase, so is this still true? It seems like a lot of effort?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@zachliam wrote:

Hi, 

I recently bought a 128gb white iphone 6, but I'm now regretting it and wish I got the black. How easy is it to exchange within the return period, or is there an entire rigmarole of returning the item first? All I want is a quick and easy swap. 

Also from (albeit dated) info I've read in here, apparently I have to do it at the store I bought it at - but in my case I live nowhere near the store of purchase, so is this still true? It seems like a lot of effort?

Thanks

Hi there

If the item was bought in store and not part of an order online or over the phone, you need to return it to the store from which you bought it, taking your original paperwork, the box, manuals, accessories etc.  If they have the phone you want in a different colour, they will swap it out for you.  If they don't, you'll have to decide if you want to stick with the handset you have for the remainder of your contract or return it and have your upgrade cancelled so that you can renew it at some point when there is stock. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Jam_Jar
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I'd stick with what you've got and think yourself lucky!!

😉

Christ almighty, I agree with Jamjar, I wouldn't change it, you'll be on for months!

DD
11: Established
11: Established

Ditto what the rest say and maybe try do a swap with a 'mate' but to return it to Vodafone and wait in the queue for the black one may not be worth it. Either way you have 14 days from receipt to make a decision. 

Your call though as you're likely to be stuck with it for 2 yrs (or 1.5yrs depending etc).

Don't mess with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

drey_p

@zachliam wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks

Hi there

If the item was bought in store and not part of an order online or over the phone, you need to return it to the store from which you bought it, taking your original paperwork, the box, manuals, accessories etc.  If they have the phone you want in a different colour, they will swap it out for you.  If they don't, you'll have to decide if you want to stick with the handset you have for the remainder of your contract or return it and have your upgrade cancelled so that you can renew it at some point when there is stock. 

PWIAC

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi zachliam,

It sounds like you have your heart set on the other colour, but it's your call. Once the 14 day return period is up though, we'll be unable to exchange it. 

You may find that returning the silver phone requires a new wait for the other one. We can take your handset back in store, then arrange to contact you once stock of the space grey is ready for dispatch to see if you'd still like it.

Cheers,

Ben