Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lost my iPhone abroad

Ant-billion
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I lost my iphone today and i called vodofone to block my phone. i was wondering if it could be used in different country becuase i unlocked it last month. 

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

An unlocked phone can be used in any country with any SIM card.  However, as you have reported the phone lost or stolen, it will be blacklisted in order to prevent it from being used. As long as the network in the country the stolen phone is used in keeps their blacklist register up to date, your phone won't be able to be used on that network.  It isn't a guarantee that they will keep their register up to date. 

PWIAC

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

In addition to the previous post  you can wipe your phone  (providing Find my phone was enabled) by signing into your Apple account at www.icloud.com .

If the phone had been updated to ios8 then it will be useless to the finder as they will need your Apple password to use the phone or to set the phone up as new.

It was running an ios earlier than 8 then as a precaution you should change the password on any accounts that were on the phone e.g emails and banking although you can still wipe the phone from icloud