Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No 2G toggle still after ios8.1 upgrade

masai
4: Newbie

Hello,

Following the recent ios 8.1 upgrade the toggle to disable 3g/ enable 2g or edge should be visable, but it is not.

I had this option on my iphone 5 using the same vodafone simcard so maybe its not a vodafone issue but an apple issue. 

I spoke with Apple and they are saying to speak to my carrier.

Any help please?

Its really useful to disable 3G when in a poor network coverage area.

Thanks! :Smiling:

126 REPLIES 126

atann

Thank you very much for this information.

I was holding off upgrading to 8.3 due to some external GPS issue, but I have just done the update now to 8.3 as having 2G back is much more important!!

Wow, it works. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

2G toggle is back!

David

No problem David. I checked after the update & it hadn't change. Then I restarted the phone today & saw the toggle.

chaddite2013

Has anyone else had problems with 4G performance since iOS 8.3 was released and the function was enabled?

I've posted a thread in the relevant section of the eForum but I've definitely had issues since my iPhone 6 Plus was upgraded.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
I can't speak for the Vodafone network in the UK as at the moment I am in Thailand and using a DTAC network sim, but I have not noticed any problems since the latest iOS update, 2G, 3G and 4G all seem to be working OK.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Since the latest update to iOS, in settings if you go to mobile - voice and data you can now select 4G, 3G or 2G.

The network is adamant that this has been an Apple issue and not down to the network and with this change I am quite sure they are right.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

kids
I don't agree there.
I travel to Thailand frequently and the toggles for 2G, 3G and 4G have always been there when using a Thai sim and updating to the Thai network settings.

All that appears to have happened with this latest update is that following so many complaints worldwide Apple took the initiative to remove the option from the networks to decide which toggles they wanted to push out and has made the decision for them.

dmdrewitt
Quote:-

All that appears to have happened with this latest update is that following so many complaints worldwide Apple took the initiative to remove the option from the networks to decide which toggles they wanted to push out and has made the decision for them.

Agreed +1