Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No sim

steveo67
12: Established
12: Established
OK ... the wife's shiny new iPhone does not have any signal ... just says "no service". It did have service for around 1 hour last night and I can be sat in the same room with full signal and I also have a sure signal in the same room so I am convinced it can't be a network problem. The sim works in her old iPhone ... so that leaves me to the conclusion that the phone is faulty.

... before I listen to my own advice and take it to the apple shop is there any tricks or bits of magic I don't know about to kick it into life ?
10 REPLIES 10

SkylineLvr
8: Helper
8: Helper

Did you guys get a new sim with the phone?  I had to go online and activate my new sim.  Had no service all night and in the morning I powered off and turned my phone on and now I have full service.  Try the link below if you haven't already.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/sim-swap/

• Previous phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black Slate
  • Current phone: iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey
  • Next phone: Possibly the iPhone 7

its the same number account everything .... just a new shiny ip6

the Siim works in the ip5 but not the ip6

I had the same problem and it turned out the Sure Signal box needed to be re-synced

i spoke to 191 and they manually re-synced it was all working in a couple of minutes

The Sure Signal is fine .... My phone and the od ip5 are working fine and getting full signal. In addition my wife is currently at work therfore a completely different location (near the town centre where previously she always has good signal) but the ip6 is just same ... no service

so were my daugthers and wifes phones mate they had full signal but my ip6 had one bar every now and then 

i tried my old sim which was fine 

but after a re-sync the new sim was full signal and still perfect

But damage, my wife and her new ip6 are no longer near the Sure Signa (miles apart) l so I fail to see how re-syncing the Sure Siganal would make any difference at all

no idea mate 

mine was the same when i was out 

but not sure if they reactivated my sim when i phoned as well 

worth a call to 191 

my daughter has a new simcard this morning with same issue so waiting for a callback

Right I have worked my magic and the phone now has signal .... she is only getting 2 or 3 bars but its working now.

I am thinking that the poor signal is probably now because the Sure Signal need the re-sync

Leah1992
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I had same problem. I rang 191 and a gentleman told me to reset network settings (don't lose anything) then it worked! Good luck