Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number porting still not complete after 7 days

djm111
2: Seeker

I have an iphone 6 which i received on 19/09. I requested my number be ported from giffgaff and was told this would be complete on 23/09.

At 8am on 23/09 my giffgaff sim was deactivated. 

it's now 11am on 30/09 and i still can't use my phone on Vodafone.

I can dial out ok from my phone but i can't receive calls. I'm also unable to send or receive texts.

I've spoken to customer services every day and during each call i'm told it'll start working tomorrow, but it never has.

I'm posting on here as a last resort as i can't face another call to customer services.

Can someone please assist me as i've now had my phone for 11 days and have yet to receive a text or call on it !

26 REPLIES 26

vickietots
4: Newbie
This is interesting! I was just checking the forums as I am having issues with porting my number, but as I have ported my number for years I wasn't sure what to expect. I will admit that I am not in the same situation as you! I only got my phone yesterday and requested the port for today. At about 1.30, my O2 sim lost service and the number appeared to be on my new phone. I can make calls and but not receive them. Not tried texts yet as I have been doing iMessages with friends. Vodafone does recognise the number as I just signed up for my spotify offer and this came up with the number on the page.

I am of course concerned if I could go 11 days with no one being able to contact me!!

There seems to be quite a few people in the same boat. i've found some other threads in the Monthly Contract group reporting the same issue.

I've not even been able to sign up for my free Spotify as the link i was using requires a one time passcode be text to your phone which i obviously can't view as i can't receive texts !!!

Very frustrating experience with Vodafone so far.

i've found the alternate link to Spotify subscription that doesnt require a text confirmation so at least that's one thing sorted.

I still can't use my phone as a phone though.

vickietots
I have just found those same posts and I am now really worried!! I only really changed from O2 as their network coverage is not great where I live and vodafone seemed the best alternative! Wish I had read some of this stuff before, as I am suffering from regret at the moment!

From what i've been told it's usual for different parts of the port to happen at different times throughout the day of the number transfer, so you may be ok yet. 

It's only if you're still without texts or able to receive calls after 24-48 hours that you'll probably find yourself in the same boat as all of us other unfortunate souls!

Thanks. Fingers crossed then! Also hope you get sorted too.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi djm111,

I'm sorry to see you have a split service still.

We're going to need access to your details to help. Take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Cheers,

Ben

vickietots
Just thought I would update. All my porting seemed to happen yesterday night. Had my phone turned off for just over an hour as I was at a training course. When I got back I turned it on and got someone to ring me to see if it would connect. It did and then I had a load of text messages come through all at once. So appears to be working now.

Fingers crossed you get sorted djm111. Keep us updated.

djm111
Thanks for the reply. Ive sent the request through to you now