Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay monthly sim to micro sim

Jakethedog
4: Newbie
I have a samsung mini which I hate! On a monthly contract. 8 months left on contract. Planning to buy an iPhone 6 outright and transfer the sim. But understand it needs a micro sim, which I dont think I have. Will vodafone swap my sim so I can use my monthly allowance in the new phone?
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Info here on sim swapping which moves your number and tariff from one SIM card to another.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/discover-vodafone/all-customer-benefits/sim-swap/

A Vidaphone HighStreet shop will be able to assist.

Please Note -> You need a Nano Sim for the iPhone 6.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for that. Yes a nano sim I meant. Doh!

So, just to confirm, it'll probably be better to go into a store. And if I do, they'll be able to swap my monthly data and calls package from my existing sim to a nano sim, which they'll supply, and which will work in the Iphone? Assume there'll be no charge for this?

Thanks

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Yes the sim swap transfers your mobile number and current tariff to the new nano SIM card.

The shop should be able to look after this for you and as far as I'm aware their is no charge levied for such a procedure.

Current Phone  >

If I go into a store, do I need to take my old and new phones with me, or just the old sim?

BandOfBrothers
I would suggest taking everything so they can process the sim swap.

If they are like O2 they will send a code to the old SIM card which you need to access to start the sim swap so if this is the case it will need to be in a phone.

Current Phone  >