Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking an iPhone 6

L_A_S_E_R1
2: Seeker
So I'm on contract and filled in a request to unlock last night and I haven't heard anything since. When should I get a response from Vodafone?
15 REPLIES 15

L_A_S_E_R1
Still nothing- this is getting beyond a joke

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@L_A_S_E_R1 wrote:
Still nothing- this is getting beyond a joke

Have you called 191 yet to confirm that the unlocking request has been received?

PWIAC

L_A_S_E_R1
Yeah they claim its been rejected by the system. Would I be better unlocking it through another third party site?

drey_p

I'd recommend against it.  A lot of the places that offer unlocking either just take your money or they jailbreak the device.  This means that the device is likely to lock up again when it is next updated which isn't something that you want. It's always better to have an official unlock.

Did they give a reason why it had been rejected?  Was it that there was incorrect info on the form.

PWIAC

L_A_S_E_R1
Have no idea, advisor said she resent it (this was earlier today) and still nothing. If I do get an unofficial unlock, do they go straight to Apple or to Vodafone first?

drey_p

@L_A_S_E_R1 wrote:
Have no idea, advisor said she resent it (this was earlier today) and still nothing.

If it was submitted by the call center, they should have provided your with a reference number.  You won't get an email confirmation.

@L_A_S_E_R1 wrote:
If I do get an unofficial unlock, do they go straight to Apple or to Vodafone first?

Neither - that is the issue.  The don't unlock the phone, they jailbreak it which means that it will probably end up locked up again in the future.  Also, as it isn't an official unlock, if your device is replaced at all, the new device will also be locked whereas if the device is unlocked through Vodafone (who pass it on to Apple) any replacement devices provided by Apple will be unlocked. As said before - I would recommend against it.

PWIAC