Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6 Failed SIM Activation

Westwayangel
2: Seeker

Having had my iPhone 6 stolen 2 weeks ago I had vf bar/block/blacklist the number.  I have since gotten a new iPhone and have tried without success to have the new sim activated and the baring lifted.  I have made 5 visits to stores, have called customer service/technical team more than 20 times, raised an escalated technical query (they advised something went 'wrong' with the unbarring process), swapped sim afresh today ... all to no avail.  I am now wondering what I can possibly do to get this issue resolved once and for all.  I am now more than a week without connectivity since receiving my new phone???

3 REPLIES 3

Apple_Fanboy
13: Advanced Member

Hi Westwayangel

I had a similar issue to you a while back. what happend was that the blacklist request for my lost phone took a little while to go through...by which time i had already recieved my new phone. The blacklist team at Vodafone naturaly blacklisted the last used IMEI which caused my new phone to become blacklisted :smileysad:

Now dont worry, one of the Tech Team on here should beable to fix it like they did for me by contacting the blacklist team and fixing it but it can take upto 24hrs to complete

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Westwayangel and welcome to the eForum,

So that we can look into this for you, please get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hanlouwil
I'm having the same issue! Do I need to do anything or do I just wait the 24hours?