Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6 plus - "Could not activate cellular data network"

harry89_13
2: Seeker

Hello,

For the past 4-5 days, I have no internet on my phone. Everytime I am trying to use safari, mails, or another app that requires internet access, I keep getting the same message "Could not activate cellular data network".

I talked with someone from Vodafone and reassured me that there is no problem with my account and that it is a known problem of the latest iOS 8.1.1. However, I did not find anywhere any advice on how to solve it.
As the Vodafone person that helped me instructed me, I tried turning cellular data on and off, restarting the phone, resetting the network settings, backup the phone and restore it. Unfortunately, NOTHING has worked.

My Wifi works perfectly and I don't have any problems when I use internet over Wifi. I can also make/receive calls perfectly fine, as well as text messages. 

In contrast with other similar problems, I haven't changed to Vodafone from another network or anything and I have my phone for 2 months and it was working perfectly fine until now.

The Cellular Data Settings currently on my phone are the following:
image1.PNG

image2.PNG

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Harry

42 REPLIES 42

Losing the will to live with this!

6 weeks on and still nothing at all.  Have called twice again this morning only to go through the same drills as previously to no avail.

As Vodafone are clearly in breach of contract I think I must be able to take this further as I have spent so much time trying to work with them to fix it, plus they are still billing me?

Cannot believe they can't just fix it

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Doddsy250583

I can see we emailed you on 25 May with an update as well as our options moving forward.

We'll be unable to answer any account related questions here on the eForum.

Thanks,

Ben

Your Twitter response said the same thing but I haven't had an email from you for weeks?  I've checked junk, inbox and on here and haven't received anything - please can you confirm / check the email address that you have for me?  It hasn't changed but I definitely haven't received anything???

Can someone please get  you highest level customer service team to give me a call back last week.  I was called by one of their team last week (David (Removed for security)) and the number he gave me to contact him on doesn't work.

He said that the tech team would try deactivating and reactivating my account.  As I lost all service on Friday I assume they've attempted this.  I got internet back for a few hours but it then went again. 

I would like to speak with him again to confirm whether the service loss was the disconnection and reconnection and discuss next steps.  Your social media team apparently put me in contact the first time round so may be able to help again as your front line customer support couldn't track them down (and apparently dont have the contact details of you high level customer services)!

Thanks for your help

Hi @wherespaultoday

We’ll be able to look into this for you.

As we have no account access via the eForum, speak to our Live help team, who’ll be able to get this resolved for you.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura, to be quite frank, while polite, your general telephone and online help services have been completely useless for over 6 months.  The only real help i've had has been through your CEOs customer service group.

I spent over an hour on the phone last week trying to get through to them again but with no luck.  The only people who seem capable of getting me a call back are your social media team so I will continue to use this forum to relay my frustration and to warn others of how completely shameful vodaphone customer services is until my issue is resolved.

Hi @wherespaultoday

As we don't have access to your account via the eForum, there's only limited information we can give here.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with my team so we can look into this issue further for you.

Thanks,

ChazzD

Am I being ignored now..?

wherespaultoday
Doddsy, I gave up with the Twitter complaint route after completing the form 3 times and getting no real help. Utterly useless.

wherespaultoday
And I have to admit I'm fed up of filling in the same form here. Vodafone must have a novel's worth of notes on their system so very frustrating they ask me to repeat them as their forum team have no access.