cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Anyone interested in an iphone 7 128gb jet black?

ben796
4: Newbie

Hi if anyone is waiting to receive an iphone 7 jet black I may have a good proposal.

No idea if anyone is interested but Vodafone sent me the incorrect handset, I receieved a jet black 128gb iphone 7 instead of the iphone 7 plus. I have been lied to several times by vodafone and I have no faith they are going to resolve my issue so I'm looking to find a way to sort it myself. I could sell you the iphone 7 allowing you to go sim only with vodafone, they have some good sim only bundles at the moment. This would then allow me to buy the iphone 7 plus from apple. Just providing you an option, no problem what so ever if it's of no interest to you.

Kind regards
Ben

17 REPLIES 17

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @ben796

Appreciate your unhappy and rightly so. 

However I must point out the Community Guidrlines on selling on the forum. 

"What you must not do.

You may not use the Vodafone eForum:

- to advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose without our express prior approval;"

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/About-the-community/Community-Guidelines/td-p/2421960

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi Lee,

I appreciate your comment as a normal user on this forum however I am not breaking any rules. I am not advertising anything for commercial purposes. It is not in connection directly or indirectly with any business and it is not intended for profit. 

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

In addition to the T&Cs, the house rules also specify that you're not allowed to advertise. Plus, by posting the same thing in multiple threads, you are again breaking the rules. The bottom line is that you cannot sell anything on this forum

PWIAC

If only vodafone stuck by their terms and conditions when they may commit to contracts with customers. Anyway I'm not going to turn this into an argument between forum users especially when your not linked to vodafone.

BandOfBrothers

@ben796 wrote:

Hi Lee,

I appreciate your comment as a normal user on this forum however I am not breaking any rules. I am not advertising anything for commercial purposes. It is not in connection directly or indirectly with any business and it is not intended for profit. 

You're welcome. 

I just do not want you to possibly run into Community Guideline infractions. 

They do also say,

Please Don’t:

"Advertise, post repetitive messages or links. This includes third party adverts, polls and petitions, junk mail, spam, chain letters or any other form of unauthorised solicitation."

Your post is advertising the iPhone for sale. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you for your comments lee. I will contact vodafone for their express permission to allow me to do this as I am trying to resolve an issue they have created. This resolution I have suggested won't just help one vodafone customer but it will also benefit another customer having a similar issue to me.

BandOfBrothers

Again your welcome. 

I've been caught up in the iPhone launch myself in the past so know only too well how it feels to have to wait for a year, Pre order and hope to get the correct phone model on time. 

I would have thought if this was a despatch error then Vodafone would want that model back so they can swap it out for you. 

Unless the the original order placed was for the 7 and along the line not picked up or noticed by yourself. 

Dedicated selling sites may better serve your purpose as well as Highstreet shops such as CEX to name one. 

Anyway sorry I digress and I wish you well. 

Current Phone  >

I placed the order on the phone specifically for a 7 plus the person even confirmed the order. When I got the tracking information it said iphone 7 so I called and queried this as I said I had order a 7 plus they reassured me it was a plus. Surprise surprise it turns up and it's the wrong phone. I have wasted countless hours on the phone and live chat to try and resolve this and I have been told they ordered me a new 7 plus and a week late I called to check up on this and no new phone has been ordered. I keep going back and forth, this is their error and they lie every time I speak to them. Their current resolution is for me to call them back in two weeks time! I have requested all my call recordings and live chat transcripts using an SAR form,  I will take it to the ombudsman if they don't exchange the phone. I don't mind waiting several weeks, what I do mind is all the lies I have been given.

BandOfBrothers

A person has a 30 day cooling off period so there would be no problem with returning the phone and then arranging for a 7 plus. 

I would personally see no need for the report which costs you £10 to obtain. 

The key factors are to ensure the request is made within the 30 days and send the iPhone back Via the Returns bag Vodafone will send you. 

Current Phone  >