Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Customer service shambles

Bezzy1
4: Newbie
Ordered on the 9th September an iPhone 7 plus, updates for the delayed phone ceased 2/3 weeks ago. Just realised the new contract has not even been commenced, moving my annual renewal date and Costing me more in data as the new tariff had not been applied. Not to mention loss of service from my Spotify.

So I've been continued at my original tariff which could have even been a sim free rate, costing me more money. Every other year a renewal has started my contract date on the upgrade date!!!

I have been lied to yesterday and told my phone it was dispatched. Been promised return calls that have not materialised and now just realise the payment of £485 has even been taken off me already with no delivery date!

Appalling...
9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I agree a few people have been affected by the iPhone launch with dates slipping. Not good but it's the same year in year out. 

The networks should be pro active and look at contracts in order to support and look after the account holder. And I'm sure for the most it does happen. 

If you feel your not getting much progress from the front line agents then you could speak to complaints and or put this in writing too. 

[Removed by admin] – the call is free from all UK landlines and mobiles

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Bezzy1

If you check out the website, you will see that the iphone 7 plus is on back order with a 4 - 6 week wait for delivery.

If you placed your order 9th September, your order will be fulfilled before any new orders.  This is the same for everyone.

Its understandably annoying, but there are so many customers waiting for delivery.  If Vodafone have mentioned the phone has been despatched, it could well be correct and you should receive some tracking information soon.

Bezzy1
No it was a lie by the CS staff, I was told that the website date was most accurate and I should have it by the 5th October, although I pointed out that's already 15 days late!!!
It was ordered on the 9th, I'm ##~## they have nearly £500 off me already and that the contract was not started straight away, hence my new 12 month contract will be out of sync with future releases and I've been paying excess tariffs for a month or two when I could have downgraded to a sim only rate!

I was promised a call back today 15 minutes after we last spoke to allow the call handler to make some checks. That was 5 hours ago!

Hello @Bezzy1

I completely understand your frustration and distress at this, did you receive a callback from our team to discuss this further?

Louise

Bezzy1
Yes I was called back, I'm reassured my contract renewal date will stay the same despite my new tariff having not commenced! As I still have no spotify. I was given a small credit to my account and reassured I will have my phone within the week... by this Friday. Not filled with confidence and if it's not here, given all these issues I'm leaving and ceasing my contract.

Hi @Bezzy1

I understand your frustration, our apologies. 
The best way forward would be to wait until Friday for further updates on this. 

If you'd like to cancel the contract please call our team on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or speak with Live Chat.

Louise

Bezzy1
Certainly is frustration, lies,broken promises and poor customer service. I will... I don't think Vodafone care... I assume the money keeps coming in and that's what matters.

Bezzy1
When I complained, to address one of he issues I was given a data bundle. Complimentary or so I thought but my account shows I've been billed for it. Furthermore I was promised my handset within the week which has now come and gone again.

I must say, even if supply is an issue a follow up would have been good. Vodafone have now had nearly £500 off me for almost 6 weeks without providing me my goods. This is just getting beyond the joke.

Hello @Bezzy1

I'm sorry to hear this, I am going to send you a Private Message with further help on this. 

Louise