Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help needed to cancel upgrade order

Twise41
4: Newbie

Ordered an iPhone 7 128gb Jet Black as an upgrade for collection at my local store.

Like many on here I heard nothing from Vodafone prior to launch.  So I had an interesting online chat with customer services the Thursday before launch where I was informed my order would be delayed by 6 to 8 weeks - I requested they cancelled my order.  Told to wait two minutes while they processed the cancellation, 5 minutes later the chat disconnects....

Launch day arrives, still no responses from Vodafone, except for my wife who duly collected her Rose Gold iphone7 from our local store.  Called 191 only to be told cancellations were not available but to call back on Saturday at 9am.

That evening I went to my local Apple Store and within 40 minutes walked out the store with a matt black 128gb model.

saturday comes around and I receive a text to say my order is ready to collect from my local store!!!! Called 191 and after about an hour during which time the advisor tried sorting via cancellations and trying to call the local store the solution I was presented.... I needed to go to the store to "decline" the order..  

very reluctantly I went to my local store....1 hour later and having had both myself and an advisor call 191 they finally figured out how to "decline" the order but it would take 72hours to process.

roll on a week later and I get another message from Vodafone chasing me to collect my order.  Another call to 191 and another 30mins of my life I won't get back... the answer I get, go back to the store and call 191 from there to resolve!!!!  I think not so I have asked for a manager to call me, but that is going to take up to 48 hours.

this company is beyond a joke - is there any other way to get this resolved??

28 REPLIES 28

Twise41
I've taken no chances as I can't trust even the simplest of instructions or agreements to be carried out - so i have cancelled my direct debit.

Without this erroneous charge there is enough credit on the account to pay my other line on the account (£8 per month sim only for my house alarm) for about 10 months until I cancel that aswell

Seriously fed up and shocked by the level of incompetence shown by Vodafone and it's processes

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Twise41 wrote:
I've taken no chances as I can't trust even the simplest of instructions or agreements to be carried out - so i have cancelled my direct debit.

Without this erroneous charge there is enough credit on the account to pay my other line on the account (£8 per month sim only for my house alarm) for about 10 months until I cancel that aswell

Seriously fed up and shocked by the level of incompetence shown by Vodafone and it's processes

Hi,

Totally understand why you have done this but please do keep an eye on your Credit File. 

Perhaps use http://www.experian.co.uk 

Vodafone can and will apply defaults that last 6 years on Credit Files ,and are able to do so without prior notification.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the advice - I'm hoping to get it resolved this week, I just don't trust their billing to catch up.

I'm also looking into the Ombudsman services as I might take it that route aswell.  At the moment Vodafone are not just guilty of inept handling of the cancellation and resolution but also legally they haven't abided by consumer law in respect to honouring the cancellation of the order within 14 days.

Twise41
No callback from the social media team yet

Hello @Twise41

I completely understand your distress at this. I am going to send you a Private Message with further assistance. 

Louise

I have filed a complaint with the Ombudsman this morning. Vodafone are refusing to cancel my upgrade order or my current contract until i recieve my phone whilst continuing to bill me. Its a shame i've had to reach this situation but i have no avenues left. I was advised to cancel my direct debit by a vodafone CS agent but can't risk hurting my credit rating.

Hello @sjh883

I'm sorry to hear of this experience. I am going to send you a Private Message with further help on this. 

Louise

jengarweb

I ordered the 7 Plus 128GB too but didnt order it at pre-release I ordered it about 6 weeks ago where the sales team told me a there would be a 3 week wait for the phone to be deliveredt. Fair enough i thought happy to wait 3 weeks, however the day after I ordered got a text/email saying that due to high demand it will take over 7 weeks to deliver. That was now a different ball game especially as I had to pay a hefty early cancellation fee to upgrade and cancel my contract. 

Have spent the last 4 weeks in trying to cancel my order as I have now ordered the same iphone from BT Mobile who delivered it in 3 days and also cost me £12 less per month with 10GB more data (go figure). Lost count to the amount of calls made and on line chats done regarding the cancellation and every advisor told me either i have to refuse delivery when the phone arrives or that they can cancel but will take upto 48 hours to be actionedbut lies lies lies. Eventually my order was finally cancelled on the 31/10 and I was advised that I can now use my PAC code to migrate my exisitng number over to BT.

Checked my VF account to day and to my absolute amazement I owe them £764.20 and they will collect it on my next DD. WTH... Called VF who could not advise what the charge was for but it's best to wait until my account bills on the 14th. No chance, this has made me physically sick with worry.

Hello @jengarweb

I'm sorry to hear about this experience, I completely understand your frustration and worry. 

Do you have any further updates on this?

Louise