Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 7 People cant hear me clearly

alanaac
4: Newbie

People keep telling me that I sound muffled or keep cutting out on my iphone 7. My daughter has the same problem with hers. I have tested the microphones and turned off noise cancellation as suggested on other forums but it still happens. Anybody got any ideas.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Does this happen at home or everywhere?

Check your masts in Vodafone Network Checker.

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone. If necessary any Vodafone Shop can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap. 

An Apple Store would be able to run a diagnostic on the iPhone if necessary. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks. My daughter has changed her number so has had 2 different sims in her phone and both had the problem but I will try it anyway just to eliminate. It seems this problem is endemic on iphone 7 from reading other blogs. It is very dissapointing given that I thought I had bought the most advanced phone on the market. It could be hardware, software or network problem, not even apple have a solution. Hope someone gets to the bottom of it soon.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome:)

I've come across people who's A10 fusion chip hisses in their iPhone 7 phones !

I have seen a couple of pieces about this such as cultofmaciPhone-7-owners-report-poor-sound-quality-phone-calls/ but didn't think it was widespread. 

Apple as per don't usually publicly make a statement but instead push out an iOS update. Are you on the latest iOS ?

It would be beneficial to visit an Apple Store for that diagnostic. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.