Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 7 Plus Jet Black Drama

kittyj83
3: Seeker

I have ordered my iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black on the 13/09/2016, and I am still waiting for the delivery. Evolve (Vodafone's partner) keeps saying that it has now been delayed until January 2017. I find this entire experience a complete joke. I tried to pull out of the contract and said that this is not what I am paying for, only to be abruptly told that if I do cancel I will have to pay £2,500 cancellation fees because I still have 20 months left on the contract. I was also told the below which made me literally fuming. So rude and cocky!!!!

"You do not agree to a contract for a “phone” that is a gift, you agree to buy a tariff of minutes and texts, this you starting receiving when you accepted the contract."

Gift?? Surely if I opted for the same bundle without an iPhone, I would have paid less than £63 plus VAT a month, so this is a total ##~##. I am so frustrated that I literally don't know what to do. I have six business contracts with Vodafone, and I swear that I will cancel them one by one when the time comes. What I have experienced is unbelievable and the Vodafone's Customer Service is absolutely appalling! I am trapped in the contract and  have no choice but to be at their mercy! I don't care about Apple shortages because my contract is not with Apple!

Anyway, I could rage for longer, but  it would make me angrier.

If you are thinking of signing up with Vodafone BEWARE, DO NOT DO IT!!!

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content please see community guidelines]

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @kittyj83

Having being caught up in the frenzy from Apples iPhones launches and following on delays myself I certainly feel your frustration. :Sad_face:

Unfortunately I see you've opted for the Jet Black model which has been affected by delays from all networks including Apple themselves. 

We are told once the upgrade has gone through then the order cannot be cancelled until the iPhone comes into stock, and is delivered. Then refused or sent back by the account holder. 

Something I must admit I'm perplexed with. :Sad_face:

A person has a 30 day cooling off period with Vodafone on a Consumer Pay Monthly Contract but not on Business Contracts as per T&C in Here so can on a new contract cancel without penalty if cancelled before the 30 days is up, or on an upgrade cancel and go back to pre upgrade status ,and then when the contract has run full term if at early upgrade status ,can then cancel via PAC code or by giving 30 days notice. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply, this entire experience is so frustrating, and I just needed to finally vent. How Vodafone handles the shortages and their customers is probably more frustrating than the fact that my phone is not arriving until Jan 2017. I have a business contract which I can't cancel even if I tried. And I am way over the 30 days cooling off period....

Carphone Warehouse did have this particular phone available twice within my three months wait, so the Global shortage is a Vodafone Global Shortage by the look of things.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

The forum is is a good place to vent.  :Smiling:

There has been scores of threads and posts on the subject of the inevitable delays and slipped delivery dates connected to Apples iPhones launches in most places on the Net. 

Wether it's Apple controlling the amounts of units supplied to the network, or the amount of units requested by the Network , or the Networks taking too many Pre Orders without the available units to cover this it's the customer that's stuck awaiting despatch. 

Current Phone  >

I have seen that Cpw can have units in and can only assume it's their buying powers. 

The downside is if a contract is taken out with them or an upgrade processed by them then some discounts are not available such as Employers VEA. You effectively become Cpw's Customer with Vodafone providing the Network Connection. 

Current Phone  >

Apparently, they can not take over any existing Vodafone Business Customers (even if you cancel the contract). I called CpW, and I was told exactly that. I guess that they all are as bad as each other and us Customers who are at the end of the chain have to be at their mercy. 

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kittyj83 Sorry to hear about your experience. 

Our 30 Day Network Guaranatee will start from when you receive your mobile and won't be impacted by the current back order situation. 

Therefore, if you change your mind and decide you'd like to cancel your contract, you'll be eligable to do so. However, currently if a device is on back order, we're unable to make any account changes until you've received your order.  

kittyj83
Thanks but I was told that the contract has already started and that I can't cancel. Apparently the phone is a "free gift" as per your partner Evolve... The 30 days guarantee is for the device only isn't it? I still have to pay for the minutes, texts and data allowance. Would appreciate your help. Also as I have paid for 4 months already (the increased fare) but I still don't have the handset would I be able to receive a "rebate" for the past months?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kittyj83 Our Network Satisfaction Guarantee is for the contract, however if you've bought your device from one of our partners their terms and conditions will apply. More information on this can be found here.