Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 7 Shipping Issues

shane12345
11: Established
11: Established

As has already been discovered, there is a problem with the database between Vodafone and DPD.  Many of us are discovering that DPD are planning to deliver to an old address supllied to them by Vodfone.  In my case they have used an address that I left two years ago, even though Vodafone has my current address.  I had to call CS and get this changed and they admitted this was a HUGE problem.  I called again this morning to make sure delivery had been changed to my current address and sure enough, the correction had NOT been made, so I had to go through it all again.

Today, CNN, BBC, Macrumors, Apple etc have admitted that stocks of black and jet black sold out in seconds and that these models will now not ship until November.  Vodafone CS this morning told me to 'ignore all of this, your phone will ship on the 16th'.

Please can Vodafone give us an accurate update on these issues?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @shane12345

I hope the issue surrounding delivery addresses is fully resolved before the iPhone hits dispatch status for you. 

Regarding availability its its always the same across the Networks, independents and Apple Stores. 

Delays, slipped delivery dates and colour and capacity availability have always been the same from when I first bought an iPhone 4. 

A recent thread that helps to highlight this where the Op changed from jet black to black and the shipping time changed dramatically! 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/iPhone-7-and-iPhone-7-Plus/Ordering-direct-from-Apple/td-p/2515726

Vodafone probably would only supply the information from their line of sight they have at the time from their in house systems.

Stocking levels can and will change quickly. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks.  The thing is that I dont really care at all what colour mine is as i always put it straight in a case right out of the box.  I'd be happy to order any colour-whatever would come quickest.  The problem is that Vodafone currently deny there is ANY issue with stock of ANY model- therefore I can't change my order.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@shane12345 As you say Vodafone deny there are currently any problems with stock levels.

The difficulty for all networks is that although they may order a certain number of units from a manufacturer they never really know how many they will actually receive until the shipment arrives.

We have seen this with releases of new phones for the past few years and understandably in the end it is down to guesswork by the manufaturer as to how many phones they produce for launch date. Factories have to be geared up for prodction and it is not possible to just add on a few hundred thousand more at short notice.

BandOfBrothers
Hi

You can cancel your order by asking the frontline agent to be put through to cancellations.

The only time you cannot cancel is if the phone is In-Stock and out for despatch. A person has approximately a golden hour to cancel in those circumstances.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.