Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why am I being constantly lied to?

I ordered my phone on the 27th of September, and I know there is a shortage of iPhones etc...

But WHY have I been lied to so much? The complaints team WONT phone me back (I've left 4 so far!), the Live Chat representitives LIE out their teeth, telling me "You'll get your phone next week", "I'll ensure your order details get to my manager to get it delivered as fast as possible" etc.

The phone line is just as horrendous with "When I hang up the phone I will get in touch with DPD to get you your tracking number. You should get a text in 10-20 minutes"... No text!

I am only questioning this as they have taken £400 out my account for the phone, but theres no phone in my hands!

Im not even too bothered about the £400 being taken out, it's just every single time i've contacted Vodafone they have lied to me.

Why Vodafone? I give you a lot of my money a year and you treat me like this.

I am just shocked. I'd appreciate you telling me the truth, then maybe I'd stop calling and sending Live Chats.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It isn't just you this has happened to everyone. Vodafone charge for the phone upfront when ordering or apply it to your next bill. Mine came out of the bill I paid earlier this month yet I am now being told it will be the end of November before I get the phone- I complained and got a refund. 

Just ring them up and tell them you want it refunded likem myself and others have done.

You are not alone in being lied to there is a huge thread about it 

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ##~## I see what you mean.

I made this thread specifically to talk about lies as I saw there wasn't an active one.

Moderator note: Post edited, please see our Community Guidelines.

@Anonymous wrote:

I made this thread specifically to talk about lies as I saw there wasn't an active one.

There are hundreds of pages of lies in the other thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

well ##~## me, I didn't even realise lmao

It isn't just you this has happened to everyone. Vodafone charge for the phone upfront when ordering or apply it to your next bill. Mine came out of the bill I paid earlier this month yet I am now being told it will be the end of November before I get the phone- I complained and got a refund. 

Just ring them up and tell them you want it refunded likem myself and others have done.

You are not alone in being lied to there is a huge thread about it 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, good to know.

Be careful.. they might email you to say they are removing the charge, it gets removed AND then they put it back on! Unbelievable! 

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @Anonymous

I completely understand your frustration and worry. 

I am going to send you a Private Message with further information.

Louise

c53204
4: Newbie

Why are you being lied to? Vodafone are part of a group called businesses - they all lie, ALL of them. Mobile phone companies just excel at it (all of them).

My EE contract ended naturally. I gave them notice to closed my account in good time. Took 9 months to resolve. O2, Three.... tried all of them at least once - they all have terrible reviews and lots of complaints. Problem being no one posts good things on forums.

Clive Sinclair

"We want to make your life easier and your experiences better. " (from Vodafone Facebook page)