Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why am I being constantly lied to?

I ordered my phone on the 27th of September, and I know there is a shortage of iPhones etc...

But WHY have I been lied to so much? The complaints team WONT phone me back (I've left 4 so far!), the Live Chat representitives LIE out their teeth, telling me "You'll get your phone next week", "I'll ensure your order details get to my manager to get it delivered as fast as possible" etc.

The phone line is just as horrendous with "When I hang up the phone I will get in touch with DPD to get you your tracking number. You should get a text in 10-20 minutes"... No text!

I am only questioning this as they have taken £400 out my account for the phone, but theres no phone in my hands!

Im not even too bothered about the £400 being taken out, it's just every single time i've contacted Vodafone they have lied to me.

Why Vodafone? I give you a lot of my money a year and you treat me like this.

I am just shocked. I'd appreciate you telling me the truth, then maybe I'd stop calling and sending Live Chats.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It isn't just you this has happened to everyone. Vodafone charge for the phone upfront when ordering or apply it to your next bill. Mine came out of the bill I paid earlier this month yet I am now being told it will be the end of November before I get the phone- I complained and got a refund. 

Just ring them up and tell them you want it refunded likem myself and others have done.

You are not alone in being lied to there is a huge thread about it 

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

olliewebb
11: Established
11: Established

@Anonymous wrote:

I ordered my phone on the 27th of September

LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

What? I'm not expecting my phone anytime soon, I was questioning why they've taken £400 out of my account when I haven't received my phone yet. Read it first before commenting pointlessly.

I would ask why you're even bothering to chase it. That's why I was laughing.

You've waited two weeks, there are people (myself included) that have waited six weeks this Friday. Why do you think your phone will turn up before ours? What makes you so special?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you a bit slow or?...

I have challenged Vodafone as to why they have taken £400 out of my account when my phone hasn't been shipped, hence the "When will I get my phone?" questions. I'm not happy paying for a phone that isn't being delivered the date they took the money from my account.

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you a bit slow or?...

I have challenged Vodafone as to why they have taken £400 out of my account when my phone hasn't been shipped, hence the "When will I get my phone?" questions. I'm not happy paying for a phone that isn't being delivered the date they took the money from my account.

Quite the opposite actually.

Lots of people are in the same situation as you in the large thread about this exact issue. So I'll ask again, what makes you so special?

Anonymous
Not applicable

WHERE are you getting this idea that I think I am "special"?

Simply letting the community know about the constant lies I have been told when I challenge them about my money.

Care to link me to the thread about monies being taken before Vodafone have even received the handsets?

@Anonymous wrote:

WHERE are you getting this idea that I think I am "special"?

Simply letting the community know about the constant lies I have been told when I challenge them about my money.

Care to link me to the thread about monies being taken before Vodafone have even received the handsets?

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/iPhone-7-and-iPhone-7-Plus/Post-your-iPhone-7-preorders-updates-here/m-p/2521523/highlight/true#M2622

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/iPhone-7-and-iPhone-7-Plus/Post-your-iPhone-7-preorders-updates-here/m-p/2523135/highlight/true#M3413

Just two examples, I'm too lazy to find any more. Seems you're not alone. You'd be better of posting in that thread rather than spamming the forums with new threads moaning about stuff that people are already complaining about.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Post your iPhone 7 preorders updates here"

Doesn't sound remotely similar to my situation, I didn't pre-order, either. 

@Anonymous wrote:

"Post your iPhone 7 preorders updates here"

Doesn't sound remotely similar to my situation, I didn't pre-order, either. 

Well you did, because the product you ordered hasn't even been manufactured yet. It likely said "Back Order" when you ordered it.