Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My experience ordering iPhone 7 plus

red-user-alan
4: Newbie

Here is my experience ordering the new iphone 7 plus 128gb  in jet black colour:

Ordered on 09/09/16 Friday morning  on the phone and got a few text messages confirming my order and emails that I have requested upgrade etc. I was given the deal of £62 a month for 10gb of data unlimited calls & texts for 12 months contract and £430 upfront. This was texted to me shortly after that. 

On Friday night (same day) I was chatting on the live chat about the availability of the new iphones and whether I will be getting the following week; when they just told that Its 6gb of data and not 10gb of data. So after a long chat and being transferred to different person (took 1 hour and 17 minutes) They promised to give me what we agreed on and that the sales woman had made a mistake earlier in the day and that Vodafone will honour the price we agreed to and also reduced the upfront cost to £375.

Since then I have been tracking my order online and everything seems to be fine, or so I thought . Here is the tracking details i have been getting since Friday.  This is from today at 1.41 pm.

IMG_0070.PNG

So I called Vodafone today to see what is happening with my order and they told me that my order has been cancelled. I went to the local vodafone store to double check and showed them all the texts and emails. And they were just about useless. They recommended me to find the same advisor on the live chat that gave me the offer,. I literally couldn't believe it.... I even tried to speak with the same advisor and was met with a rude person telling me "any advisor will tell you that your order has been cancelled and there is nothing that can be done" . i have got the transcript from Friday night and the text message from Friday afternoon as well. 

So I called an hour ago to give Vodafone my notice ( I have had enough). and they finally decided to create another order and i was told that they will honour the price that i was promised on Friday and apologised. 

I have now got an order with Vodafone (I think) and the price we agreed on was promised but only sort of . Its £63 a month now. i am guessing I will not be getting my phone on Friday 16/09/16.

P.S. If Vodafone team is happy I can share the whole transcript and texts to prove my experience. 

How's everyone else getting on?

1 REPLY 1

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @red-user-alan

I'm sorry to hear of your initial experience with this upgrade, I understand your frustration, our apologies. 

Please see this thread for the latest information regarding the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus orders - iPhone order queries.