Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ordering direct from Apple

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

I thought I'd share my experience today. I always buy phone phones directly from the manufacturers unlocked and have a sim free contract.

I have ordered my new iPhone 7+ this morning on the Apple website.

Delivery date?? NOVEMBER!! and no option to collect in any of the ten stores in and around London.

So the moral of the story is be patient.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

16 REPLIES 16

jeffkinn
Really? Weird but lucky you. I’ve decided that the jet black will be a fingerprint magnet. Also Apple themselves have said that it would suffer from ‘micro abrasions’ (scratches to you and me) so if you are fussy choose another colour. The matte black will suit me fine.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@jeffkinn  Of course the estimated delivery dates mean nothing until the thing actually arrives.

I also agree with you that the jet black will be a fingerprint magnet but that's what he would like so as it's his birthday gift I decided not to try and persuade him otherwise. 

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Wow.... just wow!

That is 2 major phone launches that seem to have gone a bit awry... first the S7 Note and now the iPhone 7.... I really wish the manufacturers would get phone launches right so we don't have to go through this nonsense every single time a new handset comes out....

PWIAC

63johnw
You should shout scream and stamp your feet @jeffkinn because apparently that always works ! 😉

brownbear
8: Helper

I was sat by the computer at 7.45am refreshing the web page frequently, ready to get my hands on the 7+ in Jet Black. 

Resfresh after refresh at 8.05am and somehow they were 'currently unavailable'. So I tried the 256gb option...same again. 

In in the end I went for the 7 128gb in Gold. 

Least I'll get it Friday from store. 

kids

@brownbear The U.K. Apple order page did not go live until 8.45 am which explains why you could not get connect.

brownbear
Ah nice one for that info. Tbh it did me a favour. The plus sizes are huge for my little hands anyways. Lol