You are here:

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Re: Post your iPhone 7 preorders updates here.

Just to be clear, ive been through iPhone preorder with Vodafone before: 3, 3S, 4, 4S, 5, 5S and my current 6 Plus. Things have been terrible but never as bad as this time 'round.

They told me I'd get the phone tomorrow and I believe them. I just can't believe they make everyone wait until 11pm the day before delivery is due to give any update to tracking or send any confirmation whatsoever.

It gets worse every year, not better.
Message 181 of 5,233 (10,852 Views)

You can't rely on the DPD app either. I downloaded it today and entered my address. I could see 6 previous DPD deliveries there. However, I am expecting a delivery from EE as well but it was not showing.

Got home to find a DPD failed delivery card through my door! This delivery, and failed attempt are not listed on the DPD app- nor is there any sign of anything from Vodafone.

My main issue is with the fact that they used an old address from two years ago to process my order- even though they have my current address. They keep saying that this cannot be changed until DPD confirm they have it. So I have to be ready to pounce before they deliver it to the wrong house!
Message 182 of 5,233 (11,666 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Seriously disapointed by Vodafone CS - not one of the 5 various people I spoke today could help or give me any indication on when and if my order would arrive tomorrow. List of failures 1) signing up their newsletter(supposdly) for new products and info - none given at all at any stage for the iphone7 2) order tracker has not moved or updated at all despite being told its updated every hour 3) lack of information on time of ordering , if its going to be late or not in stock on first day say so 4) if you can't deliver on the launch day be honest so that I can go do something else rather then wait with dying breath on whether you will deliver or not ( other companies mangage to do this and give you specific time frames when item will be delivered) 5) Don't give conflicting info on all social media platforms as that is not helping you as a company !!
Message 183 of 5,233 (11,537 Views)

Shane if you have been through it before then why is it such a suprise for you? In my expirences dating back to the 3GS they have let me know by 8pm. That's not to say that I find that acceptable but it's how Vodafone has always been. Ringing them 5 times a day and live chat doesn't help matters.
Message 184 of 5,233 (11,518 Views)

How do you recommend I sort the redirect out before it delivers then?
Message 185 of 5,233 (11,501 Views)
Community Champion (Retired)

@shane12345 If I recall correctly (apologies if was someone else but I don't have the energy to plough through all the posts) you posted earlier in this thread that when you contacted DPD to redirect the delivery they said that they will only do so if vodafone authorise it. That is understandable otherwise anyone could call DPD and change the delivery address.

At this stage (although you may have already tried this) is to call Live Chat or 191 and ask them to change the address for you.If they do that it may not show on the tracker for your order as it would probably be on a different system.

Message 186 of 5,233 (11,446 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster

Surely I'm not the only one that finds it hilarious that people like fanboy phone up Vodafone 5 times in one day? Surely if it takes you 5 calls it's fairly obvious the information is not available. If you call them 100 times eventually someone will tell you what you want to here just so you don't call back. It's exactly why everyone gets lied to every year.
Message 187 of 5,233 (11,439 Views)

the same thing happened to my parnters iphone 6 pre order, it got sent to the store even when it was supposed to go to our home address. Vodafones system is old and outdated and doesnt allow them to change things like a delivery address until it is dispatched. Even once its dispatched we still wernt able to change it. 

you have been told this numberous times from replies, you either do not read them or ignore them. Ring them all you want but the truth of the matter is they cant do anything until its been dispatched or unless you wish to cancel the order and remake it. 

Message 188 of 5,233 (11,393 Views)

@Jacko20jj Unfortunately you sensible logic goes over many peoples heads.

Message 189 of 5,233 (11,351 Views)

Tom5865 wrote:

you have been told this numberous times from replies, you either do not read them or ignore them. Ring them all you want but the truth of the matter is they cant do anything until its been dispatched or unless you wish to cancel the order and remake it. 

If a lot more people undertood then that this thread would not now be at 188 posts.

Message 190 of 5,233 (11,334 Views)

Jacko20jj - Reason I have phoned so many times is that I do have work that I could be doing so if I can get a indication from Vodafone on the status of this delivery I can plan what I need to do on friday - and if they cant deliver Friday then vodafone should be honest and say so !! That is all im asking for and for Cs to keep telling people to check the order tracker is crazy as indicated by many here its pointless!
Message 191 of 5,233 (11,333 Views)

@fanboy2001Untl DPD get their hands on your phone they will not be able to tell you when they will deliver it.

As has been stated many times in this thread that is usually after 8pm on the day prior to delivery or even as late as the morning of delivery.

It is impossible for DPD to give an estimate of delivery until they know how many deliveries thay have for each delivery area.

Message 192 of 5,233 (11,303 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster

I don't think there is any need to flame people based on the fact they wanted clarification around what's happening with their orders.

If you think if someone calls even 1000 times that it's OK to lie to them well... There is a reason you are hanging around the forums posting constantly.

People will be spending upwards of £1500 in a lot of cases over the life of their contracts.

It isn't too much to ask for customer services, in no matter what form they are taking, to be upfront and honest about what is happening.

As is clear from this thread, they clearly haven't been.
Message 193 of 5,233 (11,252 Views)

Just spoke to somebody from the UK call centre who seemed quite helpful and genuine (unlike others I have spoke to in call centres abroad who seem to just tell you whatever to make you go away) that orders are been sorted on a first come first served basis, and while he couldn't confirm 100% he said it was likely I would receive my device tomorrow as I had placed my order by 8.05. He also said that DPD would be sending out texts for delivery confirmation tomorrow morning rather than tonight.

Regarding some of the comments left having a dig at people for ringing up, I see no reason why we shouldn't - we pay a lot for these contracts and to still be in the dark as to whether we will receive it tomorrow or in a months time is ridiculous. Vodafone must surely by this stage have a rough idea of how many devices they have and there is no reason they can't tell people whether they are in the bracket that is likely to receive their device tomorrow or if they are likely to wait longer, it's just not acceptable.
Message 194 of 5,233 (11,223 Views)

If everyone had been told exactly the same thing from the start by Online Chat and via the Call Centres then this thread would probably be a few messages long. The reason that it's up to ten pages is because every single person is being told something different.

See the problem?

If Customers Services were unified in the updates given to each person, then there wouldn't be this confusion where people feel the need to clarify what is happening.

And if it takes some people who clearly have a lot of time on their hands to swoop in and clarify for Vodafone, well that tells you all you need to know.

The charity forum posters know more than paid Vodafone employees...
Message 195 of 5,233 (11,208 Views)

aadb3363 wrote:

The charity forum posters know more than paid Vodafone employees...

I  don't think that is the case but some of us have been knocking around for a few years and seen phone releases come and go.

The procedure is always the same, DPD will notify the date and maybe time of delivery once they have the units in their possession. Once DPD are in possession of the phones the matter of delivery is solely in the hands of DPD.

If people would just accept that there is a system in place = DPD get the phones from Vodafone, DPD then have sole control over delivery dates and it is DPD that will send the text advising delivery.

No amount of phone calls to Vodafone is going to change when the delivery happens.

Message 196 of 5,233 (11,126 Views)

Agreed. But we could at least all be told the same thing. That would stop people querying.
Message 197 of 5,233 (11,090 Views)

Just because there is something existing in place doesn't mean t should just be accepted and lived with - if nobody made it known when things weren't up to standard and just lived with it nothing would ever move forward
Message 198 of 5,233 (11,083 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

Next year I'm writing an info post as to what to expect. normally upgrade in December(pre ordered this time) in store every 12 months but I've always come to this forum for a good giggle read on release date.

A good search on google on the VF forums throws the same questions on previous iPhone models.
Message 199 of 5,233 (11,039 Views)

Kids with all due respect you're missing the point I think.

Vodafone know they're stock and if they don't they should! Therefore they should at least be able to tell you when it's being despatched. Currently it's radio silence. Vodafone having poor internal systems is not an excuse for poor customer service, and it's not like this is a new issue to them! They need to improve and join the 21st century quickly!

As for DPD they will deliver next day after Vodafone despatch so this has nothing to do with them. The lack of information is Vodafone.

They even send a text saying they will send order updates...

Message 200 of 5,233 (11,003 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up