You are here:

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Re: Post your iPhone 7 preorders updates here.

Ordered at 9am on Friday. Still stuck on stage 2
Message 81 of 5,233 (14,950 Views)
Community Champion (Retired)

ssrij wrote:

Shouldn't all upgrade customers get their iPhones on Friday or within a week? I mean for example I have paid the early upgrade fee to end my existing contract and start a new one so it can't be that my phone gets delayed by a month or two because what would happen to the usage/bills for that period?

I think upgrade customers would be prioritized for Friday delivery

I think that it will be dependant on what phones Vodafone receive as to who gets what.

I remember in the last release, although the exact model escapes me at the moment, no stock of one model was delivered by release date. 

Apple always prioritise stock to their own store and online sales first so if their is going to be a shortage then the Apple sales take priority.

Message 82 of 5,233 (15,659 Views)

Well most delays seem to be about the Plus model. I have ordered the normal one, although in Jet Black. I haven't got any email/notification regarding the 3-4 weeks delay so I guess mine was entered into the system just in time before stocks ran out.

The online tracker is just useless.

Message 83 of 5,233 (15,640 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

Just spoke to someone else on chat and they said that no one will receive a iphone 7 before launch day as apple won't allow it. Not sure if that is true or not. Only relaying what they told me.
Message 84 of 5,233 (15,595 Views)

I just spoke to a lad from live chat as well:

Vikram: 

I want to be honest with you. I wish to tell you that the I-phone 7 has been delayed by I-phone itself. So we are going to get an update by tomorrow afternoon on this. So as advised we will get the updates by tomorrow afternoon and then only we could give you the exact dates for delivery on this.

I'll chase once again tomorrow afternoon to see if there's any updates

Message 85 of 5,233 (15,573 Views)

I had the same sort of conversation as yourself and was told the same thing but then i spoke to a different advisor who told me i would receive it on the 16th. Not sure who to believe.
Message 86 of 5,233 (15,563 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

This is my third "launch day" iPhone order from Vodafone - both times previously I have been promised launch day phones and both times I have been let down.

iPhone 5 - ordered online for home delivery - it came a week or so after launch.
iPhone 6 - originally ordered the 128GB plus for home delivery over the phone - a collegue ordered the exact same phone over an hour later online for in store pick up - they got theirs and I never got mine - ended up getting a normal 6 in the same size a few days later.
iPhone 7 - have ordered the 128 GB plus in jet black for store pick up on Friday - delivery has again been promised for the 16th - I called as was concerned my tariff hadn't changed when it normally changes pretty instantly after upgrade. Conformation e-mail received at 7:54am last Friday.

If Vodafone don't supply this one on time then I'll be cancelling and getting a SIM only contract with another network an and sticking with my 6 for another wee while. I'm not holding out much hope for my model - judging by other forums the jet black pluses are in very short supply - I've even yet to see anyone who ordered on from Apple direct with Friday as a deliver date.
Message 87 of 5,233 (15,482 Views)

Just been on the phone to VF. They have confirmed that they will not receive the iPhone 7 or 7 plus until Friday. Orders to be delivered from Sat 17th. I ordered my 7 Plus upgrade (128gb - Jet Black) on Friday at 8.14am. I should expect it on Saturday....apparently.

Hmmmmm.
Message 88 of 5,233 (15,473 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

I spoke to VF around 6pm today. When I expressed my worries about the delays, she put me on hold to check the status. She came back and said that my order was in the warehouse. I suggested that surely it should be being shipped tomorrow/Friday for a Friday delivery, and she said most likely. So I confirmed everything she said with her then she went back on herself saying that they'll most likely be shipped on release day and due to a weekend I'll be looking at a Tuesday delivery. Confusing??

The delivery date is the delivery date. Even though it sucks, its out of my hands. I'd just like some sort of confirmation so that I can make sure there's someone in to accept the delivery.

It sounds to me like everyone is being told something different and VF dont really know whats going on themselves. Each individual is just saying what they think the customer wants to hear. But TBF, eventhough it's considered bad CS, they must be stressed with all the phone calls of us! Maybe those in charge of the ordering process need to re-think things so that both us and the VF phone line teams don't get so stressed!

iPhone 7 128GB Black

Pre-ordered 6pm Friday 9th

Tracking status - stage 2

Message 89 of 5,233 (15,456 Views)

I placed my order on friday lunch time around 1pm ( added a second line ) over the phone for a 7 plus black in 32GB.

I received all the emails within 10 mins of coming off the phone call.

Stuck on stage 2 , confirming they had received the order.

When i spoke  to the lady at the time last week she confirmed it would be a release day delivery , i called CS earlier today to confirm and the guy told me that i had ordered before the phone went into backorder so will be receiving either the friday or saturday at the latest for sure.

fingers crossed 

Message 90 of 5,233 (15,433 Views)

jaymz88 i had two different conversations with two different customer services people and one told me at 1st that it would be a week delay then they said i could receive it on the 16th then the second one told me i would receive a notification regarding deepivery tomorrow and would receive it on friday definitely. They both said no one will receive it before friday as apple won't allow it as the launch is not until the 16th. Not sure what to believe.
I ordered a iphone 7 128gb rose gold on the 9th at 10.30 i received 3 emails to say it had been received and then 3 text mesages to say it was accepted and my number would be changing onto my new phone. Stage 2 at the moment on the Tracker.
Message 91 of 5,233 (15,417 Views)

No change to status as of this morning. Still stuck on Stage 2, where I have been since Friday morning.
Message 92 of 5,233 (15,144 Views)

I pre ordered Friday morning (received a text confirming the model I ordered), no email confirmation by Momday. Called again and the girl that took my order originally on Friday left my order in 'Pending' status.

Guy I spoke to on Monday completed my order and I received email confirmation soon after.  In the order tracker my order is still at stage 1 this morning.  Should I be worried? Surely it should be at stage 2 by now.

Both members of staff on Friday and Monday confirmed I would "definitely" receive my phone on release day when I asked them the specific question about whether I would receive on the 16th.  I am not so sure now?

be nice for Vodafone to give people firm information on when people will receive shipping details.  If it is after say 9pm or 10pm on Thursday then so be it, people just need to know when to expect the information.

Message 93 of 5,233 (15,006 Views)

[ Edited ]

You all are very lucky. I too upgraded to Iphone 7 plus 32 gb on Friday at around 08:30. Got the text

This is to confirm your Vodafone order has been placed for delivery on Monday 12/09 Between 8:00 and 18:00 to House Name **** House Number , Postcode *******. Please ensure someone is available to sign for receipt. You will receive a shipment confirmation message in due course. Thank you.

However after numerous calls blah blah blah got told I will recieve my confirmation in due course. Was then told on Tuesday by a gentlemen I will recieve confirmation and tracking ref in 24 hours. Recieved a call from VF yestreday advising me that there was a error with my order and they need to reorder?????? This done I asked if I would still get my phone on Friday and he confirmed YES. Have now recieved new text stating as above. Again still no confirmation and tracking ref. Very bad communication. Sooooo ....looking forwrad to Friday then :-(

Message 94 of 5,233 (14,946 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster

Still at Stage 2 here, though as already mentioned, I've been told it will be weeks before they get new stock of the Jet Black 128GB Plus.

On an explanatory note, the Jet Black iPhones apparently take a lot longer to manufacture due to the shiny black finish to the aluminium. That's why there are specific shortages of that model across the board.
Message 95 of 5,233 (14,939 Views)
Community Champion (Retired)

aadb3363 wrote:
Still at Stage 2 here, though as already mentioned, I've been told it will be weeks before they get new stock of the Jet Black 128GB Plus.

On an explanatory note, the Jet Black iPhones apparently take a lot longer to manufacture due to the shiny black finish to the aluminium. That's why there are specific shortages of that model across the board.

I ordered a Jet Black 128GB fro my nephew direct from Apple and it is showing a being available for collection tomorrow.

Although as I can't be bothered to deal with the release day crowds at Apple stores  it will be next week sometime when I collect it.

Message 96 of 5,233 (14,911 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster

Stage 2 still here (iPhone 7+ 128GB black, ordered Fri 6pm)

I'm more concerned now that I'm not going to be notified and my wife will end up going out tomorrow and missing the delivery. Then have to go through the whole redelivery attempt nightmare I specifically want to avoid.

Message 97 of 5,233 (14,909 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster

Yeah, they have a set amount, but the finish is increasing manufacture time, that coupled with the high demand is causing the back log.
Message 98 of 5,233 (14,900 Views)

[ Edited ]

I placed my order on Friday 9th, 8:10am.

EDIT: Should also say this was for a IPhone 7 Plus 128GB Silver.

Just phoned CS, and was told despatching will begin tomorrow, so it will be a few days after that for delivery.......

So much for launch day phone!

Message 99 of 5,233 (14,844 Views)

As this strand is getting quite long, I'll summarize what's happened for me thus far:

Ordered iphone 7 jet black 128gb at 9am on Friday

Received text and email confirmation very soon after on Friday

Noticed that the email confirming order contained my old phone (iphone 6 plus) and my previous address

Checked tracker status and was on Stage 2 (still Friday)

Spoke to loads of different Vodafone CS people, all had different stories re wrong address, given assurances the correct phone will be delivered on Friday

Spoke to helpful UK-based CS person yesterday (Weds) to again check on status.  Was again given an assurance the phone would be delivered on Friday (tomorrow).  Was told to expect a delivery confirmation text from DPD today (Thurs) or as late as Friday morning for delivery on Friday.

Was told there were no long delays on regular iphone 7 models but there are substantial delays (3-6 weeks) on 7 Plus models.  She double-checked for me.

Checked tracker just now and status still stuck on Stage 2.

Message 100 of 5,233 (14,775 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up