You are here:

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus

Ask a question:
Rank 4: Established Poster

Re: Post your iPhone 7 preorders updates here.

At the moment I can't tell my wife that she needs to wait in tomorow, or even what time, or even arrange to be off work myself, because there is NO INFORMATION.

Message 141 of 5,233 (11,073 Views)

I phoned Vodafone 6 times yesterday and I only got through to a UK call centre twice. The other 4 were Egypt, South Africa and India twice. Ridiculous. No wonder there is no coherent info with all the different call centres.
Message 142 of 5,233 (11,413 Views)

Just because they tell you they guarantee delivery does not at all mean your gonna get it. They have no way of knowing where you are in the cue.
No one will have confirmed delivery until they receive the info from dpd this has been the case for years. You can not be supplied with information that is not available it's not difficult to see why this is the case when we are talking about thousands of orders. I am also waiting for two iPhone 7s ordered at 8am on Friday. No one needs to go overboard just yet. If you have not received tracking info by 9pm I would then worry.
Message 143 of 5,233 (11,367 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

You won't get any information regarding a time till tomorrow when a driver has your phone and his route planned.
Once he has his route, you get a one hour time slot.
I've received a notification at 10am for delivery slot of 11.42 - 12.42 before.
Message 144 of 5,233 (11,345 Views)

Last time I had a DPD delivery (from Wiggle) it went like this

Day before - 20:15

Your order will be delivered 5 Mar by DPD? Not in/ You can leave safe, with neighbour or change day www.dpd.co.uk/b/ref123

On the day 09.40

You DPD driver Bbrown will deliver your order today 11:30-12:30. Not in? You can leave safe or change day www.dpd.co.uk/b/ref123

Message 145 of 5,233 (11,267 Views)

Iv had about ten phones from Vodafone and always had an txt off dpd the day before as mark said above usually about 8ish but can be earlier
Message 146 of 5,233 (11,094 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

I ordered a jet black 128gb 7 plus on launch before 8.30am, received confirmation text etc.

On Sunday I called up for a update as no emails were received and found out that the new ordering system used during launch day to assist with additional demand had messed up my order and had to reorder.

Just called up CS and the advisor has told me that in my case the jet black 7 plus is in backorder and my order would take 3-4 weeks!

On top of this I was charged the £160 upfront twice and had a message it will be added to my next bill.

Not impressed.
Message 147 of 5,233 (11,081 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

Hi Louise,

Thanks for the update.

It just seems somewhat disingenuous to advertise to people that they would get their new phone tomorrow when they actually may not.

I'll certainly be annoyed if I don't. Particularly as your tracking service currently says my order number is "invalid".

Best wishes,

Edd
Message 148 of 5,233 (11,031 Views)

It just seems somewhat disingenuous to advertise to people that they would get their new phone tomorrow when they actually may not.

Indeed. I was in two minds as to if I should order straight away or wait a few weeks to check out the models in person. But I saw the "Delivery Friday 16th" thing and figured why not, lets go for it, if it means I'll have it launch day. If it turns out I don't that would be pretty crappy to advertise and not deliver - further to that not to keep us up to date.

I guess we'll see what tonight brings.

Message 149 of 5,233 (10,991 Views)

Same here Eafin I was a bit worried as my number they gave me didn't work. so I just spoke to another advisor who told me that the number would not work until tomorrow. 

And to wait for the notification off Dpd.

not sure what to believe as they tell you different things each time. I generally think they don't know them selves.

Message 150 of 5,233 (10,989 Views)
Community Champion (Retired)

Jacko20jj wrote:
Iv had about ten phones from Vodafone and always had an txt off dpd the day before as mark said above usually about 8ish but can be earlier

@Jacko20jj and @markhewitt1978 That is exactly the same system that Vodafone have told customers will be used for the iPhone release.

Yet so many people want to know now rather then follow the system that has worked well in previous years.

Message 151 of 5,233 (10,980 Views)

Thanks guys.

Yeah, having been a loyal customer I swallowed the promised delivery date hook, line and sinker as VF have never let me down before.

I still view a promise as a promise, though. Good luck with your orders!
Message 152 of 5,233 (10,970 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

The point is that not only do we not know if we'll get our phone tomorrow, we also don't know if it'll be the next day, or Monday of next week, or two weeks after that, or October... Or November?

Yes all other outlets seem to be offering clear dates for delivery except Vodafone.

So what happens if I don't get a DPD text tonight as promised? Do I assume Monday or late October?
Message 153 of 5,233 (10,963 Views)

I'm glad i ordered direct from Apple i have had a guaranteed date since last friday and if i go to my Apple account it shows the iphone 7 with serial number of the device

And DPD have text me at 8.00 am to say will be delivered tomorrow

I have had to many years of the big waiting game from Vodafone!

Message 154 of 5,233 (10,953 Views)

Also my track order online status is stuck on stage 2 with only stage 1 ticked.

I imagine everyone else is on the same boat?
Message 155 of 5,233 (10,950 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster

And the multiple different answers we have been given doesn't help matters. I've been told three different things. If advisors don't know anything why don't they just say so. Or tell us just to check the tracker rather than making promises and guarantees along with saying the opposite.

If the tracker is what needs to be looked at and only that along with text messages maybe someone should tell the call centres and online advisors that.
Message 156 of 5,233 (10,941 Views)

You can track yours online?! Mine says my order number is invalid!
Message 157 of 5,233 (10,936 Views)
Community Champion (Retired)

d4c1981 wrote:
I phoned Vodafone 6 times yesterday and I only got through to a UK call centre twice. The other 4 were Egypt, South Africa and India twice. Ridiculous. No wonder there is no coherent info with all the different call centres.

What was the point of calling 6 times?

Did you not get an answer to your question the first time?

Message 158 of 5,233 (10,931 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster

Actually, people have tried to speak to someone again when information that has been given by other callers has changed from what was initially said. If someone has been given different information than you were, then it's pretty normal to try and clarify what is happening with your order and if that has also changed.
Message 159 of 5,233 (10,918 Views)

Yeah I had issues with my tracking number and lack of confirmation emails the first time around. Called up and found out the order was messed up by the first sales advisor.

That's when I noticed they don't tell you when it goes wrong.
Message 160 of 5,233 (10,896 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up