You are here:

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus

Ask a question:
Rank 4: Established Poster

Re: Post your iPhone 7 preorders updates here.

If you don't get a txt from Vodafone tonight then u wait like others that ain't revived them. There will be many. It's a little like me asking you for the weekend lottery numbers and me kicking off as they ain't right. No one at Vodafone can tell you where you are in the cue. That's not how the system they have works you just have to wait like everyone else. All we can assume is hopefully they are dispatched in a order they were ordered on a first come first serve basis and if you ordered your phone early on Friday you would think there been a high chance of delivery on time.
Message 161 of 5,233 (10,562 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

I preordered the Jet Black iPhone 7 plus 128gb @ 9am on 9th Sept.  Can anyone tell me when I should receive a text/update from vodafone confirming delivery.  It sounds like I will get a text from DPD around 8pm, if I don't I shouldn't expect delivery tomorrow. 

I would just like to know....

aadb3363 wrote:
And the multiple different answers we have been given doesn't help matters. I've been told three different things. If advisors don't know anything why don't they just say so. Or tell us just to check the tracker rather than making promises and guarantees along with saying the opposite.

If the tracker is what needs to be looked at and only that along with text messages maybe someone should tell the call centres and online advisors that.

aadb3363 wrote:
And the multiple different answers we have been given doesn't help matters. I've been told three different things. If advisors don't know anything why don't they just say so. Or tell us just to check the tracker rather than making promises and guarantees along with saying the opposite.

If the tracker is what needs to be looked at and only that along with text messages maybe someone should tell the call centres and online advisors that.

Message 162 of 5,233 (11,425 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

I think the issue is mainly that if you were PROMISED delivery on the Friday and you don't get it, then you have grounds to be a bit miffed.
Message 163 of 5,233 (11,448 Views)

[ Edited ]

I Contacted vodafone yesterday and the day before and still no luck or update. i was told that the stock for the iphone 7 & 7 plus doesn't arrive till tomorrow (Friday) i was also reassured that i would recieve my iphone 7 Plus 128GB jet black on friday. but upon tracking my order the current status is still on stage 2 of 4 (waiting for the order to be accapted). is anyone in the same situation as me? just to put my mind at rest? vodafone have been really unhelpful so far. 

Message 164 of 5,233 (11,419 Views)

Iv learned from experience that the tracker is generally not updated on time. Sometimes even after dispatch. Ur best line of certain delivery is the dpd text if you do not receive this by 10pm maybe even later tonight I would be surprised if you get your handset. even tho on some occasions people have had dpd txts the next morning but never my self.
Message 165 of 5,233 (11,392 Views)

I phoned once and then needed to get in touch again, but didn't want to speak to anyone outside the UK.
Message 166 of 5,233 (11,346 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

I had a very intelligent woman from a UK call centre clearly state to me last night that I would DEFINATELY be getting my phone tomorrow. She went on to quote specific models which were on a delay- all 7 Plus models. She reassured me that my specific phone would be delivered by DPD on Friday.

So it's not guess work, it's not a lottery, it's not that 'no one knows anything'. They are giving out specific information.
Message 167 of 5,233 (11,297 Views)

Shane if I make 15 calls to Vodafone eventually one person will tell me the same thing but no one has guaranteed delivery until they are shipped. They have no way of knowing where you are in the cue. So I'm afraid yes it is guess work wether you would like to believe it or not.
Message 168 of 5,233 (11,240 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster

If they don't know where people are in the queue they should say that to be fair. That's all people have been trying to get. Clarity one way or another. If they don't know, say 'I don't know'. Surely lying isn't the best customer service route to take.
Message 169 of 5,233 (11,220 Views)

[ Edited ]

I heard some people got a texts this morning from Vodafone sayin they arnt getting their phones on launch day. I'd take that with a pinch of salt as from expirenece Vodafone dont tell you this until late on in the evening.

on the 6s plus launch I didnt get a DPD text with a timeslot until 14:00hrs as they had to take on more drivers and vans were going to and from the depot. 

Every iphone launch is like this with vodafone people need to chill out and stop going on live chat.. 

Message 170 of 5,233 (11,198 Views)

On the plus side it gives us plenty of time to buy a case to protect the jet black phones.
Message 171 of 5,233 (11,180 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster

lol, I have mine already.
Message 172 of 5,233 (11,173 Views)

If you don't get a txt from Vodafone tonight then u wait like others that ain't revived them. There will be many. It's a little like me asking you for the weekend lottery numbers and me kicking off as they ain't right. No one at Vodafone can tell you where you are in the cue. That's not how the system they have works you just have to wait like everyone else. All we can assume is hopefully they are dispatched in a order they were ordered on a first come first serve basis and if you ordered your phone early on Friday you would think there been a high chance of delivery on time.

Which is completely fine... just dont advertise something you can't deliver. Would you be happy boarding a plane only to be told it wasn't setting off until the following week?

Message 173 of 5,233 (11,134 Views)

The fact is we are dealing with thousands of orders. There is no way any company can say for certain how many orders are going to be delivered on time. It's the same on every single network every time a new iPhone comes out as demand far exceeds stock. Is that really so difficult to work out? Vodafone is a bussiness therefore it's not in there Intrests to stop taking orders when they think they can't deliver them. I'm not on Vodafone side I just think some people need to use a bit of common sense when it comes to it.
Message 174 of 5,233 (11,045 Views)

Absolutely agree... then dont give a date for delivery, lots of organisations... including apple use the ''delivery in 1-3 weeks''. I don't mind waiting... just don't like being lied to!

Message 175 of 5,233 (11,004 Views)

Please stop asking people to check the tracker. THE TRACKER IS BROKEN. 

Here's a screenshot of the order tracking of my S7 Edge ordered on 24th Feb (was delivered on 8th Mar), as you can see, ITS STILL STUCK ON STAGE 2. So yeah, the tracker doesn't update for most people and gets stuck in stage 2 forever. 

Screenshot 2016-09-15 14.45.05.png

Message 176 of 5,233 (10,913 Views)

Just had a dpd text for one of my handsets for delivery tomorrow. 128gb rose gold iPhone 7 still nothing on my iPhone 7 plus 128gb black though
Message 177 of 5,233 (10,872 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

Just spoke to someone at Vodafone informed my order for iPhone 7 plus 256gb jet black is complete, gave me a dpd tracking number and informed me I should have my parcel by 15:25.

In previous years launch of iPhones I've often gone without any update on the tracker and always received phone on launch day.

Hope everyone gets what they ordered tommorow.
Message 178 of 5,233 (10,840 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

Im sure I read that the pluses might not be available on launch day everywhere.
Glimmer of hope for iPhone 7 buyers though I guess.

I ordered the Jet Black 7 which I believe would of quickly sold out and limited availability for launch day release.
I don't expect it tomorrow but I've got a iPhone 6. Not like it's changed as it?
Message 179 of 5,233 (10,782 Views)

Live chat update:

I have checked and can see that the order has been placed successfully and is in process as per the schedule, however I would request you to please expect a delay of 2 to 4 days as we have not received all the promised stock from the manufacturer due to huge demands, we are trying our best to liquidate the handsets as per the promise made to the customers but as the issue has popped up suddenly, I would just like to give an intimation that it might get a bit like 2 to 4 days delayed. 

I have your order open in front of me, and the status is still showing as in pre order means that it has not yet been dispatched from, also I do not want to give any incorrect information to you as we faced the same scenario while the iPhone SE and the delivery was delayed, where as we had promised our customers with the delivery date. The delay of the handset if from the manufacturer's end, hence we can not comment when we will be receiving them and will be able to liquidate them to our customers.
Message 180 of 5,233 (10,693 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up