Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Some helpful information about the iPhone shipment

Anonymous
Not applicable

Always be polite to everyone. Despite how mad or angry you are, everyone is human. Be nice.

I contacted Vodafone and they told me this:

Nishant:

That matches our records! Thank you for verifying your details.

Nishant:

Kindly bear with me while I check your account details. I appreciate your patience.

Susan: thats fine
Nishant:

By the way, how is your day going?

Susan: It's going well, thank you! How has work been?
Nishant: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Susan: that's okay
Nishant:

Thanks for waiting.
MIne work is going well, thank you :Smiling:
And sorry I have contacted the DPD and they have not generated the tracking number yet.
So I cannot give you any delivery date as of now. :Sad_face:

Susan: Oh no! That's okay, do you guys have stock of the iPhone 7 Plus's now?
Nishant:

Let me check this with the warehouse.

Susan: Thanks :Smiling:
Nishant: Thanks for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Nishant:

Thanks for waiting.
We have in stock but we are delivering to the customers who have ordered earlier than you.

Susan: That's fine :Smiling:
Nishant:

So it might take a week to get the phone delivered.

Nishant:

Sorry for the delay.

Susan: That's fine!! Thank you for being honest with me. Have a lovely day!

See?

Dispite the fact that I want my iPhone too, I understood the fact that they are handling as fast as they can. Be nice, and they will be nice to you.

If you phone and moan at them, they won't help you. Would you help out an angry person who is just yelling at you and being rude?

You do know there IS a shortage of iPhones?...

11 REPLIES 11

Raj747
6: Helper
6: Helper

Hi there,

which variant is this please?

plus or std 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

iPhone 7 Plus, but she did further tell me that they habe the 7's in stock too.

looks promising!  hope you get the phone! 

good luck mate! 

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Anonymous wrote:

Always be polite to everyone. Despite how mad or angry you are, everyone is human. Be nice.

Dispite the fact that I want my iPhone too, I understood the fact that they are handling as fast as they can. Be nice, and they will be nice to you.

If you phone and moan at them, they won't help you. Would you help out an angry person who is just yelling at you and being rude?

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Thank you.

shane12345
11: Established
11: Established
I'm assuming this same person didn't promise you the phone would be delivered on16 Sept and on 15 Sept tell you it was safe to take the day off work to wait in for it- only for it not to turn up...ever.

Like VF did to me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you really think that Vodafone are doing this on purpose?

This happens every year there are mass pre-orders and purchases. If they had the stock, they'd send it to you.

Unfortunately, for all, this has caused some of us not to receive our devices on time.

Just wait, the phone will be in your possession soon and if you have missed any of your contact because of it Vodafone has already said they will ensure compensation will be dealt with.

I don't see why it's so difficult to accept that they don't have enough stock and just wait. Spending your time on here complaining about it isn't going to do anything more. It IS reported that there quite literally is a shortage of iPhones, so either leave or just wait it out.

However, I do see your point 100%, Vodafone hasn't been dealing with this situation very wisely and you have every right to be annoyed. They said it would be in your hands on a specified date and it isn't.

After speaking again to CS, I can confirm that people who pre-ordered are getting their iPhones sent out day by day. Hopefully you wont have to wait much longer!

All we can do is just wait.

Patience is virtue.

I agree. I know vodafone havent done a great job in resolving the conflicts arising from the delayed orders. perhaps thay could have had better contingency plans and procedures to deal with such situations.  however, I am sure they have no intention what so ever to cheat us. why would they, they would be loosing us if they do so. in fact going through the forums, few of the customers have already left vodafone and jumped to EE. Its a tough time for the vodafone and all its employees. they have been subjected to what not day in and dayout. I am sure vodafone will bounce back out this as they have always done sincere few years with every major phone launch. Had Apple been a UK based company, vodafone wouldnt have had to go through this torture. we would have had the oppurtunity to get the phone just off the production line. piping hot! lol! 

Of course they do this on purpose!!!

They promise phones that they know they didn't order because they don't want you to take your contract to someone else.

And this is not the same as before.  I have preordered the 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6 and 6 plus from Vodafone and have always had the handset on the first day.

All this business of blatently lying, repeatedly giving misinformation etc has never happened prior to this launch.  The only reason that VF are refusing to enage or issue a public apology is because this will be an admission of 'fault' and customers will have tangible evidence to make compensation demands.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a feeling anger is subsiding your ability to accept this situation.

It happened with the release of the 6S and 6S+.

Vodafone didn't know that there would be a shortage of iPhones, did they?

This news was announced while they were taking orders, so now they must try and deal with the overflow of orders, hence why some peoples orders are not going through. They're probably getting calls after calls of orders and queries and while I don't think it's being handelled very well, they're obviously trying and every single phone call and Live Chat I have made has gone very smoothly.

It's because I am kind, patient and understanding when talking to CS, as I know they are telling me all they know.

Just chill. It's a phone, at the end of the day.