Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking Vodaphone Account

Laurakate
3: Seeker

I have been trying to unlock my phone from the Vodaphone network and make it open to other providers and I am having a nightmare time of it.

I originally applied online at www.vodaphone.co.uk/nuc which when completed said the unlocking would happen up to ten days later. I waited and this never happened. After ten days I contacted vodaphone and was told on to seperate occassions that I had to complete the online form and so I completed it again (and again). Still nothing happened.

Fast forward 11 phonecalls to vodaphone in which I was given mutliple advice. The most recent was to contact Carphone Warehouse as they had not registered my IMEI number and as such Vodaphone could not unlock the phone as they had to send the IMEI number to Apple.

I contacted Carphone Warehouse who (quite rudely) told me this was incorrect and that it was always the service provider and all Carphone Warehouse did was sell the phone.

Back to Vodaphone who told me I was misinformed by Carphone Warehouse....back to Carphone Warehouse who, thats right...told me I was misinformed. 

I am now at a complete loss at what to do. I have provided Vodaphone (5+ times) with the IMEI number and to no avail. I have spoken to the manager at Carphone Warehouse who has reiterated the statement that they can not unlock the device. 

Vodaphone point blank refuses to let me speak to someone in more authority who isn't simply reading from a script.

What do I do now? They only logical step I see is to contact legal advice or take it to the Judge in the newspapers!!

Any help would be most welcome!!!

30 REPLIES 30

Was the iPhone from an Upgrade never used by the original contract holder. 

Or was it a replacement through insurance or Apple. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @kyzersoze911

To get your iphone unlocked, it's going to need to be done as PAYG.  This means you are going to need to get a PAYG SIM and use it in the phone for 30 days, after which time you will be able to complete the form using the  PAYG number  and won't have any problem getting the unlock.

This will be the quickest and easiest way.

Just like you, I have got no where with getting Vodafone to unlock my phone.

Their process is too complicated.

its expensive to contact them.

their staff are not equipped to resolve issues.

You have to grease their palm at each disfunctional stage.

the process does not work presumably because they have not unlocked it.

After this, In what remains of my life, I will not have further contact with these useless people.

Ahhhhhhhhh My phone is still not unlocked. 

Hi @Honestman. We do apologise for the experience you have had with unlocking your phone, if you do want to give us another chance to get this resolved can you contact us on Facebook or Twitter, where one of our team will be able to look at this. 

Hi,

The phone wasn't an insurance replacement or an upgrade or any such thing. It was bought as a brand new set and was never opened from the box till I opened it and used it with my Vodafone pay monthly sim. And I have used my sim for 5 months now and paid all the bills fully and on time.
As for using a PAYG sim for 30 days,I think that is ridiculous and very strange.
I guess I have to give up and find another phone to take on holiday then?

63johnw
Hi. I think your problem is the imei number is registered to the original owner hence your SIM isn't linking to it, the other guys are right I believe and you would need to use a payg SIM for 30 days to officially link it to you, then process the unlock.

Laurakate
Hi,

Unfortunately not yet. I have paid to get it unlocked but the Vodaphone system has been down/delayed so it's going to take four weeks to unlock. While I wait I've taken Bandofbrothers advice and bought a sim only deal from another provider that I've been using in an old phone.

Sorry this doesn't help and good luck

kyzersoze911
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Thanks for replying and hope your problem is solved as soon as possible.
It just worsens my fears that my phone won't be unlocked before I go on holiday.
Thanks

Hi @kyzersoze911

We'd love to help with this. 

Please get in touch following the instructions that I've sent you in a private message

Hello @Laurakate if you do need any further help, please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Hi all,

Well looks like I will be travelling abroad tomorrow without my phone unlocked to other networks and I finally give up in chasing Vodafone for this.

Now I just need an honest answer with regards to unlocking this phone.

I plan to buy a PAYG sim tomorrow, top it up with £10 credit and put it in my locked iPhone 7 and take it with me abroad.

I will from time to time text and call from that number to make sure it is being used.

After 30 days of doing that, what do I do when I am abroad? Do I fill in the NUC form after 30 days? And then the phone automatically unlocks itself or do I get an email or text or some kind of notification? Also can I just use any Vodafone PAYG sim or does it have to be registered in my name?

Thanks for all your replies in advance.