Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgraded today to Iphone 7+... still no confirmation email :(

emzidan
4: Newbie

Hi All,

Having had the original Iphone 3 and worked my way up through the years I've upgraded today to the Iphone 7+ 128gb version... eeek!!

Vodafone have kindly debited my credit card but still no confirmation email   :Sad_face: does this take some time to come through?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

The system that sends a response is always back logged on tbe first day of ordering.

Check you spam folder and if you have not received anything by late tonight give Vodafone a call to chase it up for you. The charge to your credit card at least shows your order has been entered into the system.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

I received 4 emails last night confirming delivery to an address that I haven't lived in for 2 years- even though Vodafone has had my current address all this time.  This is the address my previous iphone 6plus was sent to.

I am on the phone to Resolutions team at the moment, getting them to correct the address and they are compensating me for this breach of the data protection act (ie storing incorrect data and supplying this incorrect data to a third party.

It's the Biannual Vodfone Joke.  Also known as 'my new iphone'

Happened every time for me iphone 3, 3s, 4, 4s, 5, 5s and 6plus

kids

@shane12345 wrote:

I am on the phone to Resolutions team at the moment, getting them to correct the address and they are compensating me for this breach of the data protection act (ie storing incorrect data and supplying this incorrect data to a third party.

Good luck with that!.

You are only entitles to compensation under the DP act if you can show you have suffered financial distress.

Also Vodafone will not have supplied your old address to a third party until they pass the information to the delivery carrier and that only happens when the item is ready for shipping.

If an individual suffers damage because you have breached the Act, they are entitled to claim compensation from you. This right can only be enforced through the courts.

Source: Ico,org.uk

Hi @emzidan

If your order confirmation displays incorrect information please call our team on 191 from an existing Vodafone phone (or 0333 304 0191 from any other phone) and we will investigate and correct this for you. 

Louise

emzidan
4: Newbie
Hi Louise, the tacking is still incorrect but your upgrades team assures me I have ordered the correct phone... lets hope so come delivery day as I've paid £160 upfront!