cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone misleading customers with power bank?

ssrij
8: Helper
8: Helper

Got a text message saying we will get a free power bank with our iPhone 7 due to the delays. Vodafone sells their power bank for £12 on their website, but in the text it says the power bank is worth £39.99.

Why is Vodafone misleading customers with the power bank's price? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@shane12345 wrote:
How do you know?

It's mentioned on Twitter from Vodafone Uk. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

jfsebastien
4: Newbie

I thought that. I have taken a screen shot of the page just in case.

Also - I don't know if many people with a 7 plus would want one? They get the plus for the better battery.

Further to this I have a couple of decent ones anyway. I'll throw it away.

@jfsebastien wrote:

I thought that. I have taken a screen shot of the page just in case.

Also - I don't know if many people with a 7 plus would want one? They get the plus for the better battery.

Further to this I have a couple of decent ones anyway. I'll throw it away.

Agreed. I'd rather take a discount on upfront cost/monthly tariff or no bill for the first month. I already have a much better power bank with 5x the capacity and fast charging (both phone and power bank itself)

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

jfsebastien wrote:. I'll throw it away.

Rather than give it to someone who may appreciate it!

kids

Have you stopped to consider that it may not be the same model?

No, because I don't think anyone here trusts Vodafone after all the lies and misleading info they have provided regarding the iPhone 7 delivery. I will believe it when I have the power bank in my hand and it's actually different than the one Vodafone sells on their website.

kids

@ssrij wrote:

Got a text message saying we will get a free power bank with our iPhone 7 due to the delays. Vodafone sells their power bank for £12 on their website, but in the text it says the power bank is worth £39.99.

Why is Vodafone misleading customers with the power bank's price? 

This one is also on the website.

ch.png

BandOfBrothers

I appreciate what your saying but it's better than nothing !

And nothing is what they could do in that department. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

This is an insult, I'd rather they take ownership of this than try and pacify their negligence with some cheap bit of tat. 

I'd much prefer some honesty. They have absolutely no idea when they will receive delivery and we might be waiting for months. They haven't known from the beginning. If they were honest about this, customers could make their own minds up if they wait or find their handset elsewhere. Vodafone are dissapointing customers on a weekly basis by continuously lying. About delivery dates. 

A cheap reduced power bank will not quell my anger. I have no idea why BandOfBrothers and Kids keep sticking up for this awful company but its beginning to get old. 

shane12345
11: Established
11: Established
Power banks are out of stock on the website.