Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 7 -call problems

Seanyboy2307
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My iPhone 7 plus keeps losing calls (incoming and outgoing) by turning into garbled / incoherent talk almost scrambled 

I bought my first one three weeks ago and changed for a new one at the Apple Store and within two days the same is happening ? Is this an airtime supplier problem or actual issue with the iPhone 7 

i talk with other Vodafone users with iPhones who are reporting the same issues- what's happening ??? 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Does this happen everywhere?

Does this happen to all contacts you ring ?

Have you thought about having your SIM card replaced at your most local Vodafone Highstreet Store ?

Manually choosing another Network in your phones settings ,and then re choose Vodafone can help. And try choosing 2G in the phones settings which may improve call quality but would affect Data Speeds. 

Vodafone have provided a specific Self Help Thread that holds Initial Checks and a Template that asks certain questions that will Help us and the Tech Team to ascertain what's possibly going wrong in your area. Please would you re post the template with your answers.
Link : http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/18566...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Seanyboy2307

This sounds a little odd. 

Please can you answer the questions outlined by @BandOfBrothers so we can look into this further. 

Louise

Peckinef
1: Seeker
I have a similar problem with my iPhone 7. When answering a call the callers voice will sound all broken up a bit like a comedian from years ago called Norman Collier. It's impossible to hear what's being said. I have to end the call and phone them back.
This happens in both good and bad signal areas and also with WiFi calling active. I've also had it happen with 4g turned off.
My wife has the same issues and she's on EE.
Another issue is when making calls the other person can sound slurred again ending the call and recalling cues the issue.
Never had the these issues on my other iPhones just the iPhone 7.

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Peckinef

That does seem a little strange. So we can look into this, I've sent you a PM with our contact details.