Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 7 speaker mesh dents

Raj747
6: Helper

Could people who received their iPhone 7 and plus models check their speaker and mic mesh and let me know if its aligned properly please. On mine the mesh seems to have dents or in worst case Could possibly be damaged (which makes my phone water sensitive) . Speaker seem to works fine though.
Need to pay a visit to the apple bar and get this sorted .

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I would certainly check this out. 

Look at the working demo models in the Apple Store or Vodafone Store to compare. 

Are you able to upload pictures showing this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Raj747
Booked a Genius Bar appointment and got the phone checked, they say it's ok. Perhaps the mesh is out of alignment ever so slightly. Could be a proof that apple is cutting corners on the quality checks due to increased demand.

BandOfBrothers

It's all good for Apple to say it's working ok but that for me wouldn't detract from the point that I'm using an expensive premium device I could be using for 24 months. 

Of course it's entirely up to you how you proceed. 

Did it match the demo models in the store ?

Current Phone  >

Raj747
I have seen the models in the demo shop and few of the Matt plus models seem to have the alignment issues. However the problem is that there are no Matt black plus phones in store and I don't want to wait for another 3-4 weeks for the replacement. I could however Send it back to Vodafone and opt for a different variant. But as Vodafone don't have the stock, I guess I don't have the option. As there is 12 month warranty on these models i guess I I would have to bite the bullet and hope the phone would be ok. Speaker and mic works fine though.

BandOfBrothers

Appreciate the issue surrounding available quantities. 

Current Phone  >

Raj747
I have noticed similar imperfections in other iPhone 7 plus models. Quite shocking really.