Ask

Solution

iPhone jet black scratches

Raj747
6: Helper
Apparently the jet black variant is highly susceptible to scratches

https://youtu.be/zuRT6S47kRk

I would switch to Matt blacks once they are in stock.
14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Yes Apple have added this as an advisory in their information on the jet black model. 

Some Apple enthusiasts have said it'll add character. Yeah ok then. Lol. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nice try Raj, nobody is falling for your switch tatics so you get your Jet black order sooner :Winking_smiley:

Raj747
Lol nice one!
However I switched to Matt black and got one delivered on 4th.
In fact as you rightly said, I ordered a jet black on 9th of sept at 8.20. I waited for 3 weeks before switching.

On a side note i must admid that the jet black is a gorgeous looking phone i have ever held. its got loads of grip unlike the slippery matt variants. the feel was quite similar to that of the iphone 3g/3gs models. if only the scratch susceptibility lived upto the expectation!  

I also settled for the MB version, the JB is nice but some are getting scratched even before the customer opens the box. Also when you apply a protective skin and remove it, it peals off the iPhone logo and regulatory markings.

Raj747
What a joke ! So jet black is for your eyes only!

pawleil
4: Newbie
I know people who have got jet black and have put a clear wrap on it to protect it from scratches etc.

Just a thought ... :Smiling:

Personally I've got matte black 256gb 7 plus and love it the look and feel .

mattblack is a great phone no doubt about it. the only problem with that is the slipperyness compared to the jet black. i wish the matt black has some sort of grip to it. i think the iphones now a days are becoming more fragile. gone are the days of iphone 3g/3gs!  i never bothered to put a case on mine. i dont think i even put a screen protector on that. what is the point of buying these expensive gadgets when the only way to protect them is to case them.  

@Stwerty

would the apple accept the phone back if its scratched? you sure on that?

if it does, then its a very good idea.