Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

"take a look at the exclusive upgrade deal"

The_Chef
4: Newbie

Said the email from Vodafone, 

What a load of BS, i check my account on which my contract expires in 2 days time and the "exclusive upgrade offer" is the same as any deal that a new customer or that I could get if i take out a new line.

Im getting seriously annoyed with VF now after a few weks ago being told that there was nothing that could be done by way of an upgrade deal on an ipad to compete with o2, so i ordered from o2, when i rang VF to cancel they then tried to offer me a better deal telling me I should return the ipad to o2!!

so my question is am i likely to be offered a deal if i go through to cancellations?

6 REPLIES 6

Tom5865
6: Helper
6: Helper

Think yourself lucky, both our phones were due an upgrade and all the devices were £110 more expensive than new customers when going about it online.. Had to ring up. 

A deal can be had but probably not on launch day, until recently I was paying below £40 a month on a 12 month contract with the same upfront fees as £60 plus contracts. It was only because I needed more data that I had to change plan! 

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@The_Chef Vodafone are working under restrictions from Apple as to what discounts they can offer on iPhones.

A deal will probably be negotiable but I doubt very much not until after the iPhone 7 is launched although you may be able to negotiate discounts on data.

Having said that there is no harm in taking a punt and calling cancellations..

The interesting thing is i am sure i can negotiate a deal as online if i log into my account I can get an additional phone with a 10% discount!! Given that my current contract ends in 2 days I could in theory take out a new phone at the same time as giving 30 days notice on the current one!

kids

@The_Chef wrote:

The interesting thing is i am sure i can negotiate a deal as online if i log into my account I can get an additional phone with a 10% discount!! Given that my current contract ends in 2 days I could in theory take out a new phone at the same time as giving 30 days notice on the current one!

Thay may not work as until your contact ends (not under the 30 days notice) the second phone would have to go onto your account or be a new line.

I can forsee problems with both those options. Chat with cancellations and see what they offer.

I'd like to hope there was some room for manouvre otherwise I'll move this contract just as I have done with my 2 ipads that I had on the contract when they told me, it would seem silly that they would be happy for me to take out an additional line and cancel the current one but not just to apply a discount, but then this is the vodafone that told me there was no deal on an ipad when i called upgrades but then when I ordered elsewhere and called up to cancel the old one i was told "oh yeah we can waive the £100 up front cost and by the way we can reduce the monthly cost by £8 a month too"

Same story for me with the Galaxy Note 7. In the end I realised it was quite a lot cheaper to buy the phone sim-free and get a sim-only deal for it, and sadly some people on this forum don't believe loyalty should be rewarded, which is unfortunately how a lot of companies are going (no bonuses offered for them, and even new customers can threaten cancellations and get better deals).