Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3g not working

jameswd
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

3g has stopped working on my galaxy s3.   I've tried turning both mobile data and roaming data on/off but makes no differance, the 3g icon doesn't appear.  I have no data limits set and have 1gb a month to use.

It was working fine up until a few days ago. My wife on vodafone as well and can connect to 3g so no signal issues. The phone connects fine over wi-fi.

I was wondering if there was some other setting i'm missing that would block a 3g connection?

recently upgraded to jelly bean as well, could this have effected it?

7 REPLIES 7

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, have you tried settings, more settings, mobile network, then scroll down to network mode and see if thats on auto or gsm or the other one ?

network mode is on gsm/wcdma (auto mode)

63johnw
Did you do a factory reset after the upgrade ? Often cures problems.

Do you have another phone you can try your sim in or another sim to try in your phone ?

don't have another phone that takes a mini sim card.

found the problem though when trying the factory reset.

when i installed the jelly bean update the phone asked me to select Sim services - vodafone UK or vodafone UK Prepaid

asked the same question after factory reset.

Being on a monthly contract I had selected Prepaid but thought I would go back and try the other one and 3g back working.

Thx for the help

63johnw
Glad its sorted,

pre paid is pay as you go.

Glad I found these posts! I lost 3g coverage, did the factory reset but always chose the worng Vodafone option! Thought prepaid would be contract. Thank you very much! You helped me fix my phone! :smileyvery-happy:

I tried all solutions mentioned here to no avail, then removed sim and put it back. It worked at last.  Hope this may help others