Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g won’t reconnect

Thegrinch
2: Seeker

I bought 2 Samsung S10e phones and brought my number from EE .

im on sim only monthly plans .

On wed my Sim stopped working so got the store to put a new sim in on Thursday , since then my phone won't reconnect to 4g data after I lose it and come back into a 4g area .

inswapped my sim in to my wife's phone and my phone was fine and the other stopped working .

The store did a disconnect reconnect and gave me a new sim but accidentally did a sim swap on my wife's phone and guess what, I now have 2 phones that won't reconnect to 4g!

Ive done factory reset on both but no help.

They say it's a phone issue but I can't believe my wife's phone would start playing up the exact moment a sim swap occurred !!

Any ideas? The shop has done everything they can!

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

If this is happening everywhere you go @Thegrinch  then this points to an account problem to where your account possibly needs flushing to get the 4G part working.

Can you just check in the phones connection settings that 4g / LTE is chosen.

Also try choosing another network and then re choose Vodafone which can help refresh the settings.

Sometimes when a person sports from another network to Vodafone then if all the files do not settle properly then this is called a Split Port to which customer services need to involve the Vodafone Porting In Teams.

Just as a further process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone apart from your wife's although from what you write I'm learning more towards an account issue as we've seen posts like yours before on the forum. A quick search on the forum will highlight such posts.

If this is an account issue then only customer service on 191 or Live Chat can help.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams on this forum can't help with account enquiries via the forum but they can help via Social Media  》 Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks. Will Try!

I have bought a cheap Pay as You Go

Vodafone Sim and an O2 sim.

My thinking is if they both work there must be something wrong with the sins they gave me.

If the O2 works but Vodafone doesn't again it can't be the phone and had to be Vodafone.

Good idea??

BandOfBrothers

Yes that's a good process of elimination to try a Payg Sim card if you don't know anyone else on Vodafone that you can try their sim with.

I'm still thinking it's an account issue.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Vodafone payg sim in and working fine.

will keep it in for 24 /36 hours and see how I get on.

QuietBeetle

@mywegmansconnect wrote:

I bought 2 Samsung S10e phones and brought my number from EE .

im on sim only monthly plans .

On wed my Sim stopped working so got the store to put a new sim in on Thursday , since then my phone won't reconnect to 4g data after I lose it and come back into a 4g area .

inswapped my sim in to my wife's phone and my phone was fine and the other stopped working .

The store did a disconnect reconnect and gave me a new sim but accidentally did a sim swap on my wife's phone and guess what, I now have 2 phones that won't reconnect to 4g!

Ive done factory reset on both but no help.

They say it's a phone issue but I can't believe my wife's phone would start playing up the exact moment a sim swap occurred !!

Any ideas? The shop has done everything they can!

I faced the same issue, still facing that, no solution yet.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@QuietBeetle Please pop our team a message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll take a look into what's happened with your SIM for you. Please include your Community username and a link to your post - we'll then be able to find your query here.