Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

A5 Wifi Calling missing option

mmuggeri
2: Seeker

I am totally frustrated owner of a new Samsung A5 (2017) phone purchased from Vodafone store on Red plan.

It was purchased specifically as I need Wifi Calling due to poor signal strength indoors.

Despite at least 10 calls over 2 weeks to tech support and visits to Store, nobody is able to enable the option on the Phone, and I get conflicting information from almost everyone (including insistance the phone doesnt support though the website clearly states it does).

The Phone app settings menu does NOT have the option to enable it displayed.

Can anyone suggest how to fix it ? 

Latest suggestion was I contact Samsung directly, given this is a device supplied by Vodafone I find this galling at best.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DENISSPRAGUE
Yes, I did get mine working. Thanks

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

nkcanoe

Same problem.

Confirmation text that wifi calling enabled on account, but there is no option to turn on wifi calling on my new Galaxy A5 (2017)

Need this sorted.

John1956
4: Newbie
I've been trying to get Wi-Fi calling since Jan. I was assured that it was on the S6, then told that it wasn't on the later models. Vodafone then assured me that it would be on the A5 which they would swap for the S6. Again it wasn't, must be a faulty phone they said, let's swap it again. After two days of waiting it turns up, still no WiFi calling. The technical teams don't seem to know the phone and give conflicting advice. Vodafone are quick enough to charge me each month though!

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@John1956

I've sent you a private message with details on how to contact us.

Once you've followed the link, we'll be in touch.

John1956
4: Newbie
Another interesting point is that if you type WiFi calling into the search box of the user manual nothing comes up.

DENISSPRAGUE
I have just upgraded my phone to Samsung A5 with a 2 year contract and am expecting it to support WiFi calling as my Sure Signal is well past its prime.

Can Vodafone please share with everyone how to get it working.

There is a clear case of misrepresentation here and I'd expect it to be sorted pronto.

I fully agree it is missrepresenation and General incompetence by giving people run around until they eventually run out of 30 days sign-up period.

I got a replacement device today... no it did NOT fix the problem.

Tech support clearly just follow standard scripts and appear to have no route to escalate problems to someone who can debug such problems with the actual device in their hands.

Can anyone out there confirm they got WiFi calling on a A5 (2017) ?

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DENISSPRAGUE @mmuggeri @John1956

Wi-Fi Calling is available only to Pay monthly customers on one of the following bundles or plans:

• Red or Red Value Bundle
  • Red or Red Value SIM only Bundle
  • Red+
  • Business Premier*

Please make sure you're currently using one of the above to enable your Wi-Fi calling.

If you're still having issues fill out the diagnostic form.

We'll investigate this further with you.

Yes, I am on a Red Bundle.  I tried clicking on the link to the diagnostic page but nothing appears.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@John1956

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

Hi @Dane_B

The link to the Diagnostic Form is not working 

Note yes I am on Red Bundle